cutting out

mark11

Hi wondered if anyone has any ides on why my car keeps cutting out.

My wife was driving yesterday up a hill and it just cut out, didnt splutter or stall just no acceleration or anything, all lights come on like the engines just stopped. stopped the car and it started back up

The same thing happened today on me, just cut out, no warning or anything just goes dead and the lights come on (like when you turn the ignition on and before you start it).

I stopped the car and it wouldnt start but turned over, waited a few minutes and it started normal?

Ive never changed the rotar arm or cap? Maybe its the cap going down!

I think its electrical or could the fuel pump be just cutting out.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuel pump relays can be bad on them mate, seems to be quite a common fault. You can buy a new one or if you are good with a solderer or know someone who is you can resolder the inside bits and it will be grand. Had to do mine last year and has been fantastic every since. Next time it cuts out turn ignition back on and see if you can hear the fuel pump making its noise. If not its your relay bud.

what exactly did you solder. Im alright soldering it.

Nealry fell over, just rang Honda and they want £60 for a new relay. its a main relay they were saying, its not seperate from the pump

It could be dizzy but it just sounds identical to mine and mine was the relay which is down under steering wheel area. To solder you just remove the plastic casing and it will give you all the internal bits. You will see all the solder blobs, just resolder them and it will be good as new.

well that didnt go too well. Had a look at the cap, the bottom nut is ceased in and snapped, Now ive got to take the timining bit off and drill it out. Will do that when my cap and arm comes. Found the relay gonna check that at the weekend.

Its gonna be one or the other.

Main relay is a nice cheap fix, from scrappy and 15 mins to fit.

From experience when dizzy packs up. It goes from intermittent to undrivable within couple of days.