Rust prevention?

I would like to know how I can stop rust from attacking my MA8 as it is relitivly rust free at the moment and I don't want any appearing in the future as I'm keeping this car forever basically :)

Yeah wax oil inside all the panels but don't got too mad with it as you'll find you car leaking wax oil everywhere next time we get a bit of sun, I'd recommend Shultz for the underside and inside your arches :D (whatever you do don't used WD40 may say rust prevention on it but it isn't very good long term lol.

I swear by taking boot side carpets out and waxoyling inside arches and sill. As they tend to rot inside out.also pull those silly trims off your rear arches . Have a good clean and underseal.

try and make a habit of cleaning up under the arch lip when you wash the car too.

my mb6 didn't have a bit of rust on arches whatsoever. Shame undiscovered leaky windscreen rotted through the floor.

its a good idea too mate. someone will probably disagree with me here.

but most of the rust is caused by condensation that forms inside the panels, condensation runs down into corners hence why rust comes through at sill and rear arch corners.

thats why its a good idea to seal the insides.

its a good idea too mate. someone will probably disagree with me here.

but most of the rust is caused by condensation that forms inside the panels, condensation runs down into corners hence why rust comes through at sill and rear arch corners.

thats why its a good idea to seal the insides.

lol seal the underside of the archs and sills waxoil the insides, if you seal the insides then the condensation would hae nowhere to run off and would hold in places causing problems :/

it has nowhere to go anyway. but waxoyl is what i meant anyway.

lol there are drain holes buit into the sills and arches, easiest place to see these would be on the vottom of your doors :P