NEED HELP URGENTLY

zoomvti

Right lads, I know I'm usually posting topics about basic stuff, but something is seriously wrong with my car. 

I took it for a wash on Monday, I handed over the keys and went to get a shave. When I got back the car was spotless as I had requested. I went to start the car and the car would turn over but the engine wouldn't start.

So with the help of a few of the lads I moved the car over to the side and opened the bonnet to see if anything odd was going on.

First port of call was to jump start using leads, I did this and still the car would turn over but the engine wouldn't fully start. In doing this we realised the battery is ok, what's more I had the battery tested by the AA only 2 weeks ago and it was firing up and working as well as it should.

So next, I call the AA. They arrive within 14 minutes. Luckily the fell was also part of the AA Honda Assist scheme thing and he said it was common for the ignition module inside the dizzy to pack in. In fact he said it was so common that he carries a new one with him. He went on to change it and we fired the old girl up again and nothing, it's like she's coughing. 

Finally had her towed to my mechanic who's pretty good. It's been three days and haven't heard anything and I assume he doesn't have a clue either.

We checked the spark plugs and they're not producing a spark.

Has anyone had this happen? Does anyone have a suggestion as to what it might be?

I actually really miss my car and need her back.

Might still be dizzy related or fuel filter or injectors are clogged up?, whats petrol level? as one time was on a hill with low amount of petrol in it and it wouldn't start? got jerry can out topped up and fired up no problem,, :wink:

but you say that there no spark so got to be dizzy related imo but i'm no pro mechanic

Any suggestions as to where get a new dizzy from? Found a few second hand used ones ranging from £30 to £70 and a brand new one will cost over £500, which I'm not prepared to pay.

Turns out the dizzy is fine. Had an auto electrician on the case, he has boiled it down to a faulty immobiliser unit. What does this mean? Can the existing one be reprogrammed or am I looking at buying a whole new unit with keys and locks Or, can it just be bypassed?

Lo and behold turns out the immo is fine too, which leaves me baffled. I've given it to a dealer to diagnose. I just hope it's not something major like low compression causing it not to start cos that's gonna be expensive

Fingers crossed they will find the fault and its not to bad. 

I took mine to Honda for a fault and they said it needed a new steering rack at £1200, turned out to be a ball joint at less than £100 including fitting!

Well, they ran the diagnostics check which cost £102.00, I only paid this because my car had been off the road for two weeks, a mechanic and an auto eleccy couldn't sort it out, so I was majorly desperate at this point. They said their was a dirty connection somewhere which they cleaned free of charge and replaced a blown bulb for £2.10.......My car is officially back on the road.

Good for you =}

i havent read the whole trend sorry  ... but was it the crowd that cleaned your cars fault ? (washing the engine maybe)