Titan Silver MB6 - dechromed rear now too

Nairnster

Well, I will have to get it confirmed at garage.

Its using coolant though, no visible leaks, and its blowing a little white smoke from the exhaust.  I think that means it has to be the HG?

I did think it could be the inlet manifold gasket possibly, but then the collant wouldnt make it into the exhaust would it?  No obvious mayo in the oil either.

I'd definitely get it confirmed first, if there's no mayo or loss of compression that would point away from hg, have you tried bleeding the system first??

Could be rad leak, hose etc as engine is very hot and if its only seeping prob won't notice it! Mayo is normally sign of head gasket and if u don't have this I would be looking at leaks etc first before I spent out on a head gasket

And remember that B-series head gasket is 3-layer metal gasket, so if it leaks, you propably have warped head or block. So it will need machining if leaking. Metal gasket itself is really strong and won't "burn" easily.