Civic VTi-S - new badges and black headlight on!

SteveMB6

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you get the bore honed or just do it DIY style?

Doesn't look to bad from a quick google search

remove the Head.

Drop the Oil Pan.

Remove the Connecting Rod from the Crankshaft.

Take the Wooden Handle of a Hammer and push the Connecting Rod and Piston up.

Grab it from up top.

Replace Rings.

Drop the Pistons back down

And Bolt up

not all that simple really.

Remove the head - thats not just a matter of unbolting it lol, the whole top needs stripped, cams out etc. All airbox side also, timing belt side and all belts off, exhaust manifold off completely and the inlet manifold is a pain, especially the bolts underneath. Then start on the bottom end. At least you dont need to take the crankshaft off, just the big end bearings and push the piston out the top. Getting them back in again is also a curse lol

It took me and a mate from 9am-9pm to do the work, i was shattered after, but all worth it. Plus if you are doing the valve stem oil seals at the same time that takes about another 2 hours or so, I had previously done this hoping that was the problem.

Its running alot better now after a few hundered miles, no more james bond smoke screen when I take off lol :)

Cheers for all the comments

Did you get the bore honed or just do it DIY style?

Doesn't look to bad from a quick google search

remove the Head.

Drop the Oil Pan.

Remove the Connecting Rod from the Crankshaft.

Take the Wooden Handle of a Hammer and push the Connecting Rod and Piston up.

Grab it from up top.

Replace Rings.

Drop the Pistons back down

And Bolt up

not all that simple really.

Remove the head - thats not just a matter of unbolting it lol, the whole top needs stripped, cams out etc. All airbox side also, timing belt side and all belts off, exhaust manifold off completely and the inlet manifold is a pain, especially the bolts underneath. Then start on the bottom end. At least you dont need to take the crankshaft off, just the big end bearings and push the piston out the top. Getting them back in again is also a curse lol

It took me and a mate from 9am-9pm to do the work, i was shattered after, but all worth it. Plus if you are doing the valve stem oil seals at the same time that takes about another 2 hours or so, I had previously done this hoping that was the problem.

Its running alot better now after a few hundered miles, no more james bond smoke screen when I take off lol :)

Cheers for all the comments

Archived