Are D1-Spec lug nuts any good?

vtec2011

I thought it's about time to get a set of nice wheel nuts for my MB3 but have anyone had these before? I know they're aluminium but I seen some get rusty and paint don't hold well as soon as a socket touches them. Unless anyone can recommend me a good set? Cheers!  :smile:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161039026451?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2648

No, unless you only do shows, don't do track days, have a non marring socket and dont like taking your wheels off much. Those ones are almost certainly fakes also (not that it really matters much).

Muteki on the other hand are great!

I had genuine D1 spec nuts on my Crx,

Took the wheels off around 6-8 times then the paint started flaking off, very light wheel nuts and they don't come loose on their own like people say they do although the fake ones might, just get some off Scott from h-tune he don't sell no crap!

Thanks for the suggestions lads! Muteki looks like a good one to go for... I looked on ebay for Mutaki nuts but not sure if they're fake like most D1-Spec's. So I'm going to shop on H-Tune for the first time haha  :wink:

No worries. Generally speaking if something comes direct from China and is a lot cheaper than usual UK rep I would be suspicious. When larger sellers make a big deal about something being made in Japan they should be legit (fake sellers generally don't want to increase their risk in this way). It is important to remember that not everything made in China is bad and not all Japanese tuning parts are up to Spoon Sports levels of quality control, to put it mildly.

Funky power also do them if you prefer not to ebay.

http://www.funkypower.co.uk/catalogue.php?make=HONDA&model=JAZZ&year=GD1+JAZZ+1.4&level1=WHEELS+%26+TYRES&level2=WHEEL+ACCESSORIES&level3=LUG+NUTS&id_product=7798

H-tune are a good shop, but even the best hardened alloy nuts really work best with extended wheel lugs as far as I know- and people will try to nick em!