MG Suspension - what to buy

Jax

I always thought it was only the 180's that were uprated, never seen a 120 and 180 parked next to each other so can't say for sure.

If you look at the whole thread that post comes from the next post says they are different  Quote: "Shocks are different too! A little more comfortable on the 120."

Colour me confused. :???:  :???:

If they are the same won't they have the same part no.s??

I always thought it was only the 180's that were uprated, never seen a 120 and 180 parked next to each other so can't say for sure.

If you look at the whole thread that post comes from the next post says they are different  Quote: "Shocks are different too! A little more comfortable on the 120."

Colour me confused. :???:  :???:

If they are the same won't they have the same part no.s??

X2.. Those MGs are strange machines. After browsing rimmerbros:

Rear shocks on ZS120(1.6, 1.8 engines) and ZS180 (2.5 engine) have the same part number RPD000280.

Front shocks have different part numbers  :eek: RNB000360 and RNB000370

Rear springs are the same RKB000390.

Front springs are different.

So that sounds very strange, they only changed the front shocks ? I quit.. :D

• Like 1

Rear shocks on ZS120(1.6, 1.8 engines) and ZS180 (2.5 engine) have the same part number RPD000280.

try owning a mg/rover then i've come from mg/rovers most parts of other models fit even the mg sv supercar had loads of bits of a zt/75

i didn't end up going too far tho really with a mb6  :smile:

Well after scrutinising and comparing part numbers and part images the simple answer is... 120/180 shocks aren't available from any of our suppliers!

I did think MB6 shocks with some eibach 30mm springs perhaps but as it turns out they have the same shocks as my MB3...

It's becoming a real pain in the snail <_< 

I see what you mean, 180 shocks also have same part numbers as diesel and right hand shocks no longer available, plenty of lefts though. :???:  :???:  :???:

I assume that when people have had trouble with these on Hondas, they must have been given a set from a 120.

Well after scrutinising and comparing part numbers and part images the simple answer is... 120/180 shocks aren't available from any of our suppliers!

I did think MB6 shocks with some eibach 30mm springs perhaps but as it turns out they have the same shocks as my MB3...

It's becoming a real pain in the snail <_< 

I will be selling my old 180 shocks soon, fitted with -40mm eibach springs but will be supplied with the original 180 springs too.

Just need to take some photos and figure out how to send them.

I don't know the age of them but in good condition, the only worry would be they had started to squeak a little, probably the top mounts can't think of anything else it could be, and you could swap yours in.

I'll get some photos over the weekend and pop them up.

Seems near impossible to find a full set of brand new ZS shock absorbers to go with the Eibach lowering springs I'm looking to buy...!

Any other uprated shock absorber options for the MB's?

Larkspeed have a clearance offer on Koni strt kits, a decent setup by all accounts: http://www.larkspeed.com/index.pl?a=i&p=611107026

DaveMB2 has these on his MB3 (Trinity2):http://civic5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/340-mb3trin2-brand-new-vid-of-her-having-a-run-182013-pg14/

null-2_zpsb2c4bb70.jpg