Found an MB-EK build..!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing with that one is he modified the wings instead of just using EK wing s which would already be the right shape for the headlights.

But would they fit (EK wings)??

But would they fit (EK wings)??

I don't see why not? They'd at least be the right shape for the headlights. I reckon you'd benefit from an EK's slam panel too though! Might help things align better? 

I don't see why not? They'd at least be the right shape for the headlights. I reckon you'd benefit from an EK's slam panel too though! Might help things align better?

I'll see if I can source all the bits from the scrapper (slam, lights (although I got a mate who might let me test fit his first), standard bumper for now and bonnet) and the wings. Then I'll test the wings and if they don't fit I can always flog em on eBay and modify the standard MB wings ^_^

I don't know if the width of the back of the arch (after the well, before the door) is as wide as the MB one?

It's going to take quite a bit of modding to fit the EK wings, they have a much deeper curve than MB which is quite straight.

Do you mean the top of the wing?

Hmnn.. I'll take a wonder down to scrapyard and pick one wing up and try it and see how much work is needed to make it look right

I think it's one of those things where you have to go all or nothing at all with the front end conversion, the bonnet probably slopes down the same as the wings. Hopefully it'll bolt on and be about there without having to fiddle with it!

Do you mean the top of the wing?

Hmnn.. I'll take a wonder down to scrapyard and pick one wing up and try it and see how much work is needed to make it look right

I meant where it meets the door, having had a look at some more ek pics from different angles they do actually look quite similar, the one in the pic you posted looks quite curved.

As you say the best thing is to pick one up and see how they differ and how much work would be needed to fit. Very interested if you can do this now and make it look good. :D