Back pressure

simpo

Ok need a civic geek here. Lets start with i have done a full service

Basically something seems to be restricting my car very badly

I have a full system including manifold but the the exhaust comes out the opposite side than Wat it use to, do u think I could be losing loads of back pressure causing it to be like it is?

Once in a blue moon it will pull but most of the time it doesn't!

Or should I be lookin toward dizzy cap and rotor arm?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think it was better when it was standard but not perfect. Plus no I av fitted the mani feels worst. I had a lot of 4gen civics with straight through systems and av be fine but they all have the backbox on the correct side! But like I also said once in a blue moon it will pull like f00k

Defo the exhaust just put to new gaskets on and it's 100xs better still needs moving over the other side I think! Trip to te exhaust place

I wouldn't have thought which side it ends up on would make any difference, back pressure is just back pressure, unless it changes the length or bends maybe?

Normally the backbox goes along the back of car like this

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=civic+gl&client=safari&hl=en-gb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=Jn8TUrDmH8Kb0QXrxoDwCA&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAA&biw=320&bih=356#biv=i%7C22%3Bd%7Cqe5yf-SJ14LpmM%3A

But now it comes straight out the oppsite side. So losing all that exhaust dunno if it makes a difference. Plus it will look better coming out the correct side

I think I know what you mean now, my mates EF, even with the custom exhaust has the back box that goes across from one side to the other instead of a straight line. Probably makes a difference missing a 90 degree bend!