HELP PLEASE GUYS

thebusofwoe

Hi guys. Need some help.

Time has come to replace the broken front spring on the ZS180 Suspension I have fitted to my MC2. Now im finding it really difficult to find a replacement for this as there is two different springs to chose from. (depending on MG chassis number) Does anyone know what the differences is between the two?? Or should I just get a front set of 120 springs?   

Cheers guys  :)

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't realize there were differences between the years, just thought the 180 set up was the same across the board. I'll see what i can find out mate. Any idea what year the car was your suspension came from?

From what I can gather, there isnt any difference bewtween the model years on the 180 zs. Not sure why they are listing two different springs dependent on chassis number. Are you sure it's not the 180ZS and the 180 ZS Diesel? They both have the same rear springs, but fronts are different I think? I've had a good look through the MG-Rover forum, and can't find anything that would suggest anything other than the above mate.

The subject of MGZS shocks and springs seems to be a very complicated one with no definitive answer, we had another discussion on this the other day: http://civic5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/7184-mg-suspension-what-to-buy/

It seems the shocks and springs are the same at the rear for the zs120, 180 and diesel. Front shocks and springs are the same for 180 and diesel.

No idea, might be worth dropping NIKH25 a PM as he has an MGZS setup for sale with eibach lowering springs!

Yes I have a set for sale and just to confuse the issue even further they have different part no.s than the ones listed by rimmer bros. :unsure:  I am confident they are from a zs 180 though.