Roylewaa's MB2 decision time

Roylewaa

Thanks mate, I will have a look about for some, for cheapness it's certainly worth a try getting a bit more bottom end out of them

Today's jobs are fitting some chavtastic 6x9s in the parcel shelf, they were only a fiver and they are pioneers, just hope they are not shot as mentioned earlier they make a scratchy noise when you push the cone by hand :/

Was also digging in the shed and found all the wooden trim I took out of my ES mb4, as you all know lower spec m's don't have the wooden heater surround, ashtray or gearknob surround so might as well stick em in, my ciggy lighter doesent work nor the ashtray light up so its a good excuse

I think the black leather compliments the wood trim

I did ponder pulling the fake wood out and going down the mg zs trim route again, but I remember at the time preferring the wood, don't know why, must be because I'm getting to 40 lol

• Like 1

Today has been quite a productive day, firstly nipped over the scrapyard for a few bits and pieces, rubber coin mat, tweeter pod panels and door pull handle from a dead Rover 45, all for a fiver

Then a mate turned up with this in the boot, said I could have it for nowt as it was taking up space in the shed

IMG_0434_zps7cc1a682.jpg

Not bad considering it was £80 a few months ago and never been out of the box, Personally I would'nt go out of my way to fit one of these to a 1.4, but for a bit more noise why not

Swiftly fitted, might modify a piece of pipework left over to bring the filter a few more inches over, as far away from the engine as possible. Does sound nice mind:)

IMG_0435_zpsc1692e6b.jpg

IMG_0436_zpsd85e4027.jpg

IMG_0437_zps0a197a3f.jpg

Then set to butchering, sorry cutting holes in the parcel shelf for my budget 6x9's

IMG_0438_zps153d55bd.jpg

Grilles were looking a bit rusty and untidy so gave them a dusting of satin black to freshen them up

before

IMG_0439_zps133af9c4.jpg

And after

IMG_0440_zps20e0e5a7.jpg

Got those fitted in and wired up, did sound quite scratchy to begin with (as I feared) however letting the music play at a decent not earsplitting volume the sound has improved loads, and for 6x9's don't sound bad at all

Also fitted aero wipers which I forgot to photograph

That's it for today :)

Awesome mate...you are really on speed. Every day very nice mods coming through. This will turn up into something big I suspect :)

Did that injection pipe already have all the holes in it or you had to drill them ?

He's got more money than sense, he bought that one then another one and fitted that instead, then spent £250 on a full powerflow exhaust for his 3 potter 1.2 Corsa lol

Got loads of respect for him, he hasint been long back from Afgan, and he's over in Canada now

Well today has been mostly cleaning and hoovering as I hate sitting in someone elses muck 

I did change my pollen filter as the old one was a disgrace, and fitted the few additional bits of fake wood I had in the shed, removing the console was the usual pain, and had to make a quick trip to Unipart for replacement bulbs for the ashtray light and clock, as soon as I went near them they blew

Also fitted my gearknob correctly with the bottom bezel from a cheapo ebay one

Pics

IMG_0441_zps1d0de062.jpg

Can't decide if the gearknob sits a little high now as I used the plastic tube that came with the cheapo one to get a snug fit

IMG_0447_zpsd3762e0a.jpg

IMG_0442_zpsf5d32664.jpg

2 years in a damp shed hasint agreed with the ciggy lighter surround, as it certainly wasint like that when it came out of the MB4, anyone got one I could buy???

IMG_0443_zps1c1db3ae.jpg

My eye keeps getting drawn to it as im quite fussy

I cant decide wether to ditch the vibe tweeters and fit the Rover panels and wire up them ones instead for the oem look?

IMG_0449_zps802e36bf.jpg

IMG_0448_zpsa34c9218.jpg

Unsure what the sound quality will be like on the Rover jobbies compared to the Vibes

And a couple of randoms

IMG_0444_zps1d535ac2.jpg

The worst stereo in the world

IMG_0445_zpsc3319870.jpg

IMG_0446_zpsa23c9e7a.jpg