Roylewaa's MB2 decision time

Roylewaa

Today has been quite a productive day, firstly nipped over the scrapyard for a few bits and pieces, rubber coin mat, tweeter pod panels and door pull handle from a dead Rover 45, all for a fiver

Then a mate turned up with this in the boot, said I could have it for nowt as it was taking up space in the shed

IMG_0437_zps0a197a3f.jpg

Hey mate. wanted to ask you where you got that metal strip from to hold it. I got one fitted on mine but I had to use only a tieback to hold it in place.

Hey mate. wanted to ask you where you got that metal strip from to hold it. I got one fitted on mine but I had to use only a tieback to hold it in place.

The metal strip came with the induction kit, it was long and straight, I cut it in half then used 2 pairs of mole grips to bend it to the shape I wanted

I've taken the induction kit off now and gone back to the standard air box, going to get a performance panel filter instead

I was getting alot of heat soak, I was going to give it back to my mate but he just said to sell it

Also the alloys look great mate..what size are they? I love the ones you had on your mb4...that looks nice..why did you sell it ?

The alloys are 17"s

I tried to find another set of the ones I had on my mb4 but couldn't in my budget, those were wolf race Asia tec triads, got those for an absolute bargain from an old guy selling them for his son :)

As for the mb4 it was developing a nasty crunch into 5th gear and had started to jump out of gear, I foolishly swapped it for a Saxo VTR, what I was thinking that day I don't know :(

Good to see you back! You recommended Civic5 to me a couple years back haha :wink: Nice MB you have there and I love those seats! I have the exact same induction kit but a different air filter. So what happened to your previous MB?

I had a calibra that was lowered 40 mm and that used to bottom out, and the Odyssey rove its exhaust off :(

The calibra is a pretty low slung car to start with and the odyssey was slammed, surely you could probably go down 30mm without too much trouble??