Winterizing my MC1 - Getting ready for the snow

Butcher

... The Stagea had to go unfortunately, before my bank account imploded. 

I had a Stagea too, An RS Four limited edition with the Masa motorsport front end. RB26DETT (Converted to a single HKS GT51R turbo, Custom headwork and 2.7ish stoke, Tomei 236 PON cams, Trust FMIC, HKS SuperDragger exhaust) I had it dyno'd before it went at 420hp and 580Ft/lb

I got rid of mine as I bought an Silvia project and made that my baby. My girlfriend had great fun driving the Stagea for a while, She used to terrorize me on the way home through those valleys  8-)

Sounds like a monster, Sleeper! Mine was fairly standard. Coilovers and whatnot. Just a really, really nice car. I had a dream that I was driving it the other night. Haha. 

It was mate, I ended up selling it to a mate who had it for 6months and sold it to someone else but I do know its still about my old area because my Dad told me it was up on the ASDA opposite Wolves football ground recently when he drove past. Hopefully shes being looked after  :cry:

• 5 months later...

Thought it was about time to update this thread as the summer wheels have just went back on. 

Typically, this was the first winter I've ever known, in my entire lifetime, without snow! OK, we had about an inch, for maybe a couple of hours one day. Nothing really to test the Uniroyals. 

That said, I'd say they performed very well in cold, wet conditions. For the price of them I was definitely impressed. Generally speaking, I felt they gripped much better than my Falkens, which I was not expecting. First thing I noticed when I put them on, is that they're not as firm as I'm used to, but I guess that is to be expected, and you don't notice it once used to them. I'd happily run them all year round to be honest.

Maybe next year I'll get to try them out in some proper weather... 

Yep, can't believe how mild the winter's been! Not even much in the way of ice or even frost...

Still, there's been plenty of sub 7 degrees mornings for the winter tyres to be more effective.

Need to get mine changed back soon... :roll: