Engine transplants, how do they work?

knightmaric

As the title says, how does an engine transplant work?

Let's say changing my stock D14z to a 55 older shape civic engine, is that the K20 engine? O.o Not 100% sure.

But yes, that as an example.

What would need to be changed and modified in order to make it work correctly?

Obviously the engine has to be changed and the wiring loom. Gearbox too?

I'm not too sure what else if i'm completely honest.

Reason i'm asking is because I just want to get a better understanding of it and how it works.

Never know what the future may bring =]

I suppose it's worth knowing just in case you or someone needs help with it lol

Plus I did get offered an engine out of a 55 plate civic type R xD

I very much doubt i'd buy it as I can't afford it and my insurance would probably fly up.

Anyway, i'd really appreciate any help you guys can give =]

Thanks in advance.

Gaz.

There would be so may things mate .Just getting the engine mounted would be a massave job in its self you wouls have to cut the engine mounts off the chassis legs and the off the civic tyre r mount the engine and weld in the new mounts , Drive shafts would have to be made . you wouls have to make one loom out of two as you would need the engine ecu and fuse box loom to run the engine and the wiring to run the mb6 . You would have to mount all the rads . There will be loads more im sure . not a job for someone that is not sure and to have the job done would cost 1000'S. Rich.

There would be so may things mate .Just getting the engine mounted would be a massave job in its self you wouls have to cut the engine mounts off the chassis legs and the off the civic tyre r mount the engine and weld in the new mounts , Drive shafts would have to be made . you wouls have to make one loom out of two as you would need the engine ecu and fuse box loom to run the engine and the wiring to run the mb6 . You would have to mount all the rads . There will be loads more im sure . not a job for someone that is not sure and to have the job done would cost 1000'S. Rich.

Like rich says a big big job and cost 1000s . also you would need to sort out power steering if you want it coz they are diff and still there is a load more that needs to be looked at . thats why f/i is prob best way to go . yes the work is a lot less if you keep to an engine that is in the model range .eg mb2 to an mb6 do not get me wrong still a bit of work .

Aaahh ok =P

I thought it'd be crap loads of work lol

Does the MB6 have a B16 or B18?

Tbh it would make more sense to get an engine from the same model range lol

Not 100% if i'll do it as money doesn't like me atm lol

I'll probably just buy a new car come renewal time with a better engine than current =P

If I had EP3 money I would xD

Although I do like the Accord Type R :3

Why is it that a lot of Honda's i'd like to upgrade to seem like they'd be really bad with fuel consumption?

That's the thing =P

I'd like it to be different lol

Dammit I really would love to do this now =[

Hmm I won £15.20 on the lottery last night, maybe a sign for the next frew weeks O:

I bloody hope so haha

I think I might sell my body to science or work the streets for a bit to raise the cash ;]

I had a dream last night of actually doing a transplant 8-)

Actually makes me feel crap talking about this and knowing I can't afford it for god knows how long. =[

I better work hard >_>

Because i'm not a drug lord =P

If I won that Euromillions jackpot the other night i'd be doing something insane xD

I think i'd get another MB but be silly and put one hell of an engine in it =P

Something not even Honda related.

Just because I could xD

But Supercharging and Turbocharging a B18....

Jeeze I don't think that's been done has it?

That'd be bloody monstrous O_O

Archived