vibration

spudley1988

Best bet if you can, get the front end off the ground and get under and give the shafts a good shake, you'll know instantly if they're knackered as there will be any amount of play.

right apologies bumping this back up again. Had to get spigot rings engineered and my mate thinks the vibration is about 80% better but its defo still their. Their is also sometimes a knock that comes through the pedals thats hard to explain, only thing i can get close to explaining is as if wheel studs were lose that kind of thump. Wheel studs are fine btw just to put that out their lol.

Now could the passenger driveshaft cause a thump to come through my pedal box kind of area? Also when i had driverside jacked up i wiggled passenger shaft and i could quite easily move it. I was told tho that their should be a certain amount of play but this just seemed a bit easy.

Apologies for the dragging on of the thread just its def getting closer so hoping we can nail this together lol.

Thump through the pedal box sounds strange, when does it happen? Can you feel it through all pedals?

I'm not sure how much play the driveshaft should have but wouldn't expect it to be too much, that could be the last 20%.

No apologies necessary, you need this sorted.

Can happen anytime from driving along at 50 or 30 to reversing into a space, also does it when tapping the throttle to make nice pops lol. I barely had to even put any force into moving the shaft, it was almost effortless.

Would like to have hoped the thudding was coming from the shaft but im unsure. Could gearbox or anything provide any clunks or anything?

The closest thing i can put the thump to is its like the exhaust thumping the underside of the car. It's defo not exhaust tho. I have ordered a new passenger shaft now but previous owner insists the shafts were changed at the beginning of this year which now alarms me. It doesnt do it all the time but id put money on the thumping being related to the vibration thats still slightly their. It gets to the stage where it gets quite scary to drive which sucks.