Are 205/50 R16's to big for my ma?

skitzma8

You need nikh25 he is good on those numbers.

Reference im running 205/40 17's and i compared one to the spare original steel the other day and the circumference was only slightly bigger than the steel was

You need nikh25 he is good on those numbers.

Reference im running 205/40 17's and i compared one to the spare original steel the other day and the circumference was only slightly bigger than the steel was

Thanks for the vote of confidence but Matt (Hickster) is the real guru on this subject.

Tom has put it perfectly all I will add is use a tyre calculator to compare your originals with the upgrades to try and keep the rolling radius the same.

• Like 1

I know my car was on 14's when I brought it, but I put the EP alloys on as I love the look of them but tyres are too big for my little MA to spin haha, going to see if I can get some smaller rubber for them, if not I'm going to have to sell them :( thanks for the input people.

Thanks for the vote of confidence but Matt (Hickster) is the real guru on this subject.

Tom has put it perfectly all I will add is use a tyre calculator to compare your originals with the upgrades to try and keep the rolling radius the same.

Thanks Nick, my wife found that highly amusing for some reason- the phrase she used I think was 'nerd more like'.  :roll:

Yes the size you want is 195/45 r16. Chopped oem linear springs are not great when they bottom out- better if you have a stiff arb though. A drop of 50mm will probably knacker the stock shocks fairly quickly. Progressive springs are not too pricey-

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m14b0s1014p3357/APEX_LOWERING_SPRING_KITS_-_Apex_Spring_Kit_-_HONDA_CIVIC_5dr_%28UK_BUILD%29_-_95_on_Type_M_Series

• Like 1