Ok so Im looking to get another new car!

jamestopdog

As some of you know I have a mb4 and a mazda 3

I bought the mazda 3 because I wanted something more modern and comfortable to drive on my 60 mile commute. Thing is the mazdas quite boring, not that fast and not that economical (last fill up 31mpg)

Now I can put up with not fast and economical but not slow and uneconomical!

Was thinking renault modus dci (60-70mpg) but dont think can bring myself to buy french c**p

Only other thing I can think of, modern and economical a Honda Jazz, anyone had one? I know they are slow but then the mb4 wasnt that rapid but still fun

My budget is £2000-£2500 and i want something 2003/4

Sad to hear that the mazda is a cool looking car. My mum had a Modus; it was snot green and had ginger eyebrows. I always referred to it as the 'toadus', eventually she got fed up with the stupid headlights and other mechanicals and bought a 1 series diesel- go figure.

Is that age Jazz the one with the HUD on the screen? did a couple of long journeys in one of those, seemed ok from what I remember. What about the EP1 civic or whichever the eco one is?

Yeah always thought a toedus wold look good set of rims etc, but i have distant memories of having a clio, and generally it falling to bits

Dont think its got hud, although interiors look quite nice. And all,my 4x100 wheels in my garage would fit...plus its a honda!

Love the look of the mazda and always wanted one, great car just not great on fuel for lacklustre performance, at 31mpg I would rather run a mb6, least would be exciting, but really looking at 40+ mpg

Never been a fan of the ep shape tbh

I don't think a k swapped jazz will be all that economical.  :lol:

What about a suzuki swift, I was also going to suggest ep shape civ, my mate is going to look at a 1.6 sport this week, pretty gutless, so I'm told but looks very nice and should get 40+mpg.

Or a Nissan Note.

Wow there really are a lot of nasty looking modified Jazz/Fit on google! Quite like this one though.

jazz-white-black-1.jpg

I'm quite taken with the idea of an Insight as a mpg daily (flawed technology I know but if your going to get rid before any battery issues…) certainly a bit different; you may have to grow a beard though!

I don't think a k swapped jazz will be all that economical.  :lol:

What about a suzuki swift, I was also going to suggest ep shape civ, my mate is going to look at a 1.6 sport this week, pretty gutless, so I'm told but looks very nice and should get 40+mpg.

Or a Nissan Note.

Yeah should check the swift actually, meant to be good cars, I heard those 1.6 sport gutless as well compared to my mb4 ;)

K swapped jazz would be alot of fun though!

Wow there really are a lot of nasty looking modified Jazz/Fit on google! Quite like this one though.

jazz-white-black-1.jpg

I'm quite taken with the idea of an Insight as a mpg daily (flawed technology I know but if your going to get rid before any battery issues…) certainly a bit different; you may have to grow a beard though!

I know mate jazz or fit as they are known in the usa do,look alright modded dont they?

Think i need to drive one, see what the engine feels like. The mazda got 147 bhp but feels so flat