Help with mods???

MB3Matt

Sell your MB3 and get a VTi, pick a good one up for under a grand now, much better bang for buck than trying to get more out of your MB3.

Except you will pay twice the tax, a lot more in insurance (depending on who you insure the mods with) and get half the mpg. A few breathing mods should give you more power than a mk4 GTI with over 200kgs less kerb weight. You may get lucky with a VTI hunt but a few members seem to be struggling to find good ones at the moment.

Honda WTCC dont think so!

IMG_75307837117817_zps78032cbe.jpg

BTCC do

Honda-Civic-Tourer-BTCC-Racer-728x370.jp

Everything is better in a hearse. :wink:

:shock:

• Like 1

Depends what amount of power is needed. For B-series a lot of money is needed. To be a worthy upgrade you should be in VTEC often and MPG will be bad. D series even when pushed hard have good mpg.

Awesome. Any excuse to post up the next gen civic aerodeck.

i thought you would be first in there with the Btcc estate photo Tom!, it looks way better than the Wtcc hatchback.

Except you will pay twice the tax, a lot more in insurance (depending on who you insure the mods with) and get half the mpg. A few breathing mods should give you more power than a mk4 GTI with over 200kgs less kerb weight. You may get lucky with a VTI hunt but a few members seem to be struggling to find good ones at the moment.

BTCC do

Honda-Civic-Tourer-BTCC-Racer-728x370.jp

:shock:

insurance isnt too bad for a Vti or fuel consumption either, im sure it wouldnt be half the mpg of a mb3!.

Insurance on a vti is 1k a year more for me, as I was going to buy one until I got that quote. Thats why I'm doing up this for a few years so I get some no claims under my belt, the its B series time :)

I just wish I had the electrics know-how to do the mini-me...

insurance isnt too bad for a Vti or fuel consumption either, im sure it wouldnt be half the mpg of a mb3!.

Not quite 25 combined against 41 iirc, have temporarily lost my Honda mpg figures but there is a thread with them on somewhere. Tax is £125. The point I was making is that the MB3 is not sh!t, the MB6 though obviously superior in performance is not for everybody. Especially for younger drivers the performance difference may not be worth the cost. The '3 is a very capable all rounder but like all M's suffer from an Image problem when actually it compares well against cars marketed as being fairly sporty.

• Like 2

With a few choice mods DaveMB2 has made nearly 130bhp from his MB3 and still gets 40+mpg. Well worth doing and saving the insurance, tax, fuel costs.

And with a nice set of wheels and suspension set up you'll be on a winner.

Not quite 25 combined against 41 iirc, have temporarily lost my Honda mpg figures but there is a thread with them on somewhere. Tax is £125. The point I was making is that the MB3 is not sh!t, the MB6 though obviously superior in performance is not for everybody. Especially for younger drivers the performance difference may not be worth the cost. The '3 is a very capable all rounder but like all M's suffer from an Image problem when actually it compares well against cars marketed as being fairly sporty.

i understand what you are saying, i never said MB3's were Sh!t, the point i was making is if he is looking for a good bit more power it would be cheaper to switch to a Vti. I reckon a stock MB3 would take a mk4 Gti!.