Turbo buying advice!

jamestopdog

Ok trying to collate a few bits over the next few months for a turbo conversion.

I sort of know what I need, but turbo wise, i dont want some cheap chinese rubbish, so anyone tell me a good make/model to start searching for on ebay (secondhand)

Not going for some crazy power thing so dont need anything to over the top, i would be quite happy with a extra 40bhp ;)

Yes. But the s13 boys put them on the c18"s 'cos they only have a t25. I had a t25 hybrid on my sx, it spooled up much quicker than a t25, but it runs out of puff at 120+

Basiccaly the smaller the turbo, the faster it gets 'on boost'. The newer bmws mave variable vain turbos. So at low rpms they are a small turbo, and a high rpms they are a big turbo.

Yeah Audi do a Bi-Turbo diesel with different sized units, supposed to give mega MPG's and decent driving experience, not that it matters when you've already 4ucked off on VTEC though :lol: 

Same as the twin turbo legacy I'm looking into. 1 is there from 2k, the other kicks in ar 4k :grin:

What turbo lag? Which one? :lol: 

The idea is good though! Weren't Lancia the first to use it?

Iirc the T28 is a very usable turbo, spools up pretty quickly and runs a decent amount of boost.  :D

I ran a hybrid T2/25 on my R5, spooled from 1500rpm and ran 18-22psi.  :twisted:

Yes. But the s13 boys put them on the c18"s 'cos they only have a t25. I had a t25 hybrid on my sx, it spooled up much quicker than a t25, but it runs out of puff at 120+

Basiccaly the smaller the turbo, the faster it gets 'on boost'. The newer bmws have variable vain turbos. So at low rpms they are a small turbo, and a high rpms they are a big turbo.

Hmmm interesting

Iirc the T28 is a very usable turbo, spools up pretty quickly and runs a decent amount of boost.  :D

I ran a hybrid T2/25 on my R5, spooled from 1500rpm and ran 18-22psi.  :twisted:

And in my opinion the Honda engines could use a hand low down in the rev range so I reckon that would go nicely towards it!