Anyone with Aviva?

My parents are with Aviva and last night someone climvedt the pub fence and tried to chisel the Stagea lock open. Made a right bodge of it, let alone the fact they still hadnt lopped the padlock off!! Their three staffies and the Malinois were going mental apparently but They were inside... Someone was watching over them as Max is my dads ex-police partner dog!

Now my mom called aviva today and they said there's nothing they can do because it was in a gated compound? They said to talk to the building insurance company who said talk to aviva! Wtf?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh hate it when people fail to do what they set out to do and just make a mess of things! The passenger door on the Accord was bent out but not broken into, why?!

That has to be annoying that both companies say to ring the other! I'd make a second phone call to one of them saying to just get in touch with the other and to use some intiative other than getting you to play the middle-man!

What sort of cover is on the Stagea?  Third Party Fire and Theft if they won't pay out for the damage?

Edit:  Even if it was Third Party Fire & Theft cover this is what's on their website in relation to third party fire and theft cover.

"Applies only to loss or damage caused directly by fire, theft or attempted theft (subject to limits and excesses)"

So they cover damage for attempted theft.  I wonder where in the policy it excludes damage whilst in a locked compound?

It's def worth going over the policy documents with a fine tooth comb.

Police came and took the CCTV footage away, called and came back. Turns out the dozy b*****d made a couple of mistakes.. He came into my mom and dads pub a couple days back, didn't wear gloves, and didn't wear a mask (last night) so they were able to positively ID him as the same chap.. (They can thank my HD Colour CCTV for that!)

I'm currently trying to explain to my parents how to email or send me a picture of the damage...

He bent the door a bit and jimmied the handle out but wasn't able to get anywhere with it because of Nissans build quality.

Police gave them a crime number and told them to call Aviva and tell them its their payout because its insured fully Comp.

Good to hear there's a change he's been ID'd

Also I don't see how Aviva can get out of it.  I've just been through the policy wording on their website and according to it it's covered (at least after whatever excess is on the policy).  There's also no exclusion for locked compounds. 

Good to hear there's a change he's been ID'd

Also I don't see how Aviva can get out of it. I've just been through the policy wording on their website and according to it it's covered (at least after whatever excess is on the policy). There's also no exclusion for locked compounds.

They havent said if they have found him or not yet but its only time.

Cheers mate, I didn't think there was any exclusion. They pay up to 500 excess I think but their policy is only £220!! From what they said its probably only £200~ in repair costs

If it's a £500 excess and repairs will be less than £500 don't even notify Aviva of it.  If they open a claim it can affect any No Claims Discount if renewal is due soon, even if the claim is going to be closed at nil. They can sometimes hold stuff like that against you incase you try and reopen the claim again after renewal date.

£220 aint bad.  Remember it also covers for third party injury, which is alot more than £220 :)