Mgzs suspension question

marv

Hi guys, there a a couple of mgzs saloons in a local scrappy to me, they aren't the 180 model though. Does this matter? I was going to enquire on how much they would want for the 4 shocks and rear arb, but just wanting to check that all mgzs suspension is the same.

Regards

Martin

as you have a MB6 as Tom says you really need the 180 setup, the rears should all be the same but the fronts differ because the 180 would be setup for a heavier v6 engine more similar in weight to our MB6's

^^^ wat makes you think this?

There was a thread which I can't find now in which a member of the forum complained that his front end is sitting higher than the rear. He has MB6 and was using ZS180 suspension. (Then he went ITR springs & shocks and was happy). 

The front drop on his MB6 with ZS180 was exactly the same as mine when I had ZS180 springs. It's not suppose to look like that, If you look at ZS, front and rear drop is equal. Also when I had ZS180 springs at the front I felt that the front springs didn't compress. I very much doubt that MB6 will need so hard springs.

At the moment with ZS120 springs, the front end again is a little bit higher than the rear. My opinion is that MB6 with ZS120 suspension will be perfect. So will somebody try them already and prove me wrong/right  :D

There was a thread which I can't find now in which a member of the forum complained that his front end is sitting higher than the rear. He has MB6 and was using ZS180 suspension. (Then he went ITR springs & shocks and was happy). 

The front drop on his MB6 with ZS180 was exactly the same as mine when I had ZS180 springs. It's not suppose to look like that, If you look at ZS, front and rear drop is equal. Also when I had ZS180 springs at the front I felt that the front springs didn't compress. I very much doubt that MB6 will need so hard springs.

At the moment with ZS120 springs, the front end again is a little bit higher than the rear. My opinion is that MB6 with ZS120 suspension will be perfect. So will somebody try them already and prove me wrong/right  :D

It would definitely be good if this could be tried out, as far as I'm aware the ZS120 shocks are not uprated or shorter than ours and I would think you would be swapping like for like.

I think you're right about the springs though as the weight of the 120 engine and B18 should be fairly close but if I'm right that the 180 shocks are shorter than 120 then the springs will be overcompressed. :(

We need a willing guinea pig to trial different setups and get a definitive answer.