Steering issues

amoras

Hi guys my mb9 have some kind of problem... i think that the steering wheel is very light when i´m driving.

I´ve fitted koni shocks with eibach springs, rear arb, 4 potenza adrenalin re002 tyres, everything brand new.

I also check the bushes all seem ok, the alignment have been made after all the parts installed...

Some friends told me that the problem can be fixed with some camber kits, is that correct?

If so what camber kits can i fit in a mb9? Eg, dc2 or mb6,mc2?

Cheers

Happy new year guys

Marco

Not sure if it's the same for M's and not sure how low you have gone, but some form of camber adjustment is usually required after lowering.

I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that the top wish bones for an EK will fit. Of which you can buy camber adjustable ones.

Toe in/out can be associated with light steering too I think can't it??

Yes, I think so, first port of call would probably be a 4 wheel alignment.

Are the shocks and springs matched to your car, maybe under/overcompressed.

• Like 1

Yes the shocks and springs are for this car, civic mb9... I have fitted some eibach springs with other ref and the rear wheels where all inside of the chassi for about 2 ou 3 fingers... then i send the springs back to change the reference and i sorted it out, like you can see on the photo...

If i have to buy some camber kits, i really don´t know what is plug and play if the eg\dc2 or mb\mc? or is everything the same? just the ek´s won´t fit p&p.

Yeah ek arms are very different they won't fit.

Mb mc eg dc are all the same

Knowledge I didn't know, thanks mate. The uprights are transferable though?? Although I think the rears are a little short by all accounts??