speedometer lights don't work at all

PataynaMB3

That switch is only fitted to the VTI models, there's a speed sensor located on the back of the gearbox. It's very hard to see but it clips directly down onto the gearbox,it's prety much located straight down under your fuel filter. The sensor it plugs into is bolted in with one single 10mm bolt.

The connector may have came off,especially if you've had a clutch done or someone's had one done and it's not been put back on properly.

Try that ;)

That switch is only fitted to the VTI models, there's a speed sensor located on the back of the gearbox. It's very hard to see but it clips directly down onto the gearbox,it's prety much located straight down under your fuel filter. The sensor it plugs into is bolted in with one single 10mm bolt.

The connector may have came off,especially if you've had a clutch done or someone's had one done and it's not been put back on properly.

Try that ;)

Ive had nothing done to the car for months, it was working fine about 2 weeks ago until i disconnected the two big plugs at back of speedo, when i plugged it in it stopped working..

Ive had nothing done to the car for months, it was working fine about 2 weeks ago until i disconnected the two big plugs at back of speedo, when i plugged it in it stopped working..

Sorry, I should of read your first post more clearly, I asumed you had a issue with the actual speedo working, if it's electrical then it'll be the cluster. Check for bent pins etc if it's only since u played with it :)