On the hunt for a new car (part 5)

jamestopdog

There's no way I'd see more than 320-350 miles to a tank on a trip like that.

I had to as I needed to get from Edinburgh down to London and back to Nottingham in the same trip! Two and a half tanks of fuel it took all in!  

26-27mpg is low! Have you looked in to what other A4 estate owners are getting or might there be something wrong with how it's running?

My 1.8T S3 is running around 250bhp and I'm averaging 29mpg and that's with alot of short journeys and speeeeeeeeeed.

Is it just weight thing with it being a big heavy comfy estate?

Oh and I'm currently getting 270 miles from a full tank in the Civic :)

not done a total full tank on MB6 yet but she did a dorset and back which is 300 miles and then a nights stop start delivering (was not busy so about fifty miles) on almost a full tank so on a run i would say i could get approx 400, or close to anyways.

Project MB3 is obviously worse on the long runs but stop start delivering she delivers about 300-350 miles ish

• Like 1

26-27mpg is low! Have you looked in to what other A4 estate owners are getting or might there be something wrong with how it's running?

My 1.8T S3 is running around 250bhp and I'm averaging 29mpg and that's with alot of short journeys and speeeeeeeeeed.

Is it just weight thing with it being a big heavy comfy estate?

Oh and I'm currently getting 270 miles from a full tank in the Civic :)

Mpg is bad mate, does feel a very heavy car though, bet a s3 fair bit lighter, was going to check tyre pressures but as usual no air pumps in any of the garages working as usual

Think im not ready for a cruiser yet still like something small you can chuck around, 3rd car coming up in as many months :D