Just got done speeding last night :(

burbleboy

I work in a parts department for Mercedes Benz and constant nightshift. One of my 'unofficial' duties is to pick up the service department driver who drops trucks off at customers premises. On way back to the work at 1.30am in the Vito 113CDI, i was held up by two trucks side by side on the motorway trying to overtake. So i put the foot down when i got past and got nabbed at 89mph in a 70mph limit!

Feck! My fault obviously, but i always check the slip roads in my mirror when i pass them. The coppers must have been well hidden. I questioned their speed detection tool as i haven't seen it before but they explained everything but i knew deep down i was speeding anyway! They were nice coppers and i was nice also..as always!

£100 fine and 3 points! :( I've been two years now without points and it's frustrating that it wasn't even in my MB6 but in the works van!!! :)

Gotta explain to the Mrs that less will be going into the wedding fund this month! :(

Bugger it mate! They can be bloody sneaky sometimes.

And your right, gutted that it was in a works van! Although, they might not have been so nice had you been in your M!

The fine has gone up though!? When did that happen! Was £60 last time I was caught! (5 years ago now)

I fear it's easy to do in the M though, I went to get fuel last night, had to drive across town and a little T**T in an old corsa B was being a numpty so thought I'd show him who's boss. Before I know I know it I'm at the top end on 3rd on a dualy in town.

b****r it mate! They can be bloody sneaky sometimes.

And your right, gutted that it was in a works van! Although, they might not have been so nice had you been in your M!

The fine has gone up though!? When did that happen! Was £60 last time I was caught! (5 years ago now)

I fear it's easy to do in the M though, I went to get fuel last night, had to drive across town and a little T**T in an old corsa B was being a numpty so thought I'd show him who's boss. Before I know I know it I'm at the top end on 3rd on a dualy in town.

Went up nearly a year ago dude! 

Ouch on the points but as you said, you knew you were in the wrong! 

Was it marked car or undercover? They're getting quite cunning though! 

Touch wood I've had a clean licence for the ten years I've been driving! 

That's annoying mate but you're right, there's no point in getting upset or arguing with them, you just have to suck it up.

At least they were decent too, it does vary no matter how contrite you are some just like to try and goad you.

It is rather easy in the M, when you change up from 3rd and find you're doing a smidge under the ton. :lol:

That's annoying mate but you're right, there's no point in getting upset or arguing with them, you just have to suck it up.

At least they were decent too, it does vary no matter how contrite you are some just like to try and goad you.

It is rather easy in the M, when you change up from 3rd and find you're doing a smidge under the ton. :lol:

Yes, very naughty gear change that one! :lol:

It seems to come up so quickly though!!

Just done the trip to London and it's even easier to get carried away on the motorway!

Even more so with all the BMW drivers everywhere! Haha

It seems to come up so quickly though!!

Just done the trip to London and it's even easier to get carried away on the motorway!

Even more so with all the BMW drivers everywhere! Haha

Yeah, engines are so smooth they creep up without you noticing!