Idling at 3k , revs rising when slowing down,

vtismill

Hi all ever since I've changed the thermostat my car has been idling high and whilst driving the car when changing gear it's like I've still got my foot on the throttle a little bit and revs up a bit, worse bit though is when coming to a standstill, when I slow down and put the clutch in the revs go up to 3k and just sit there, very frustrating, have no idea what's up with it, thought the throttle cable was sticking but there's enough slack and have put loads of wd40 on bit under bonnet and it's no different, I've cleaned iacv still no different, it's only ever when I press the clutch, I'm not sure if I've knocked something when doing thermostat or if its just coincidence, does it even when cold and warm, any ideas would be appreciated thank you

Hmm literally have no idea, it's feels like it could be cable sticking, came off a roundabout in 2nd foot flat to the floor this morn and slowed to a standstill to pull out a junction and revs just sat above 3k only goes down if I put my foot under accelerator pedal and pull it up, nothing really on it though, where would it be sticking though? How would I go about sorting it if it was that?

Thanks

Check everything over. Throttle cable n all that jazz. Failing that vac leak? tps? Iacv?

With thermostat being located kinda under throttle body. Have a good look make sure you haven't disturbed anything by mistake.

• Like 2