Lots to do.....

JayLock

Alright? Nice!

I begin today with new clocks from the much coveted VTI-s, switched out the Auto indicator and matched the current mileage from my old clocks took 6 hours!, resetting the needle was a pain but I guess that's what GPS apps were invented for, I'm currently 3mph under but for now that's okay as my work route is littered with speed cameras and vans with good for nothing plastic Rozzers munching on a tax funded bacon sarnie watching my 1.6 shaking itself to pieces getting up the worlds steepest hill. Sanded down the REV and Speedo and I have gone back to regular bulbs until I can find some decent Leds that don't flicker, my plan for this is to solder the little b****rs in but I have spent all weekend sorting the clocks out so its on the list to do.

Clock, after much raging at the dashboard and several bulb changes I have soldered a wired led into the unit itself, this way there is no jiggling, pretty straight forward, just take the whole unit apart and solder to the terminals, he-presto light!

next is the heater controls, sanding down the colostomy bag yellow/ orange to match the speedo and rev counter.

I wired in 3 leds under the gear selector but unfortunately when drilling the new holes for the led I hit the underside of the little plastic window scratching the D, I will sort this out, Kind of sick of pulling the dash apart for every little job, that and I want to illuminate the window switches in the centre console, that's on the to do list.

Today I should be getting my new fuel pump and distributor cap, also got some STP oil potion, love this stuff, quietens things down a bit in the engine.

will let you know how it all goes. I have tried adding pictures but the whole thing freezes when I try and paste a link so I will update when I figure out the complexities of cut and paste.

You've been having fun then!

When you say 3mph under do you mean you're travelling 3mph less than the speedo reads? If so then that's how it should be!

yeah its 3 mph under according to gps. Took her out Sunday night, took the needle off hit thirty and popped it on, not easy but when i first tried it i was doing 50mph at 30mph so i could have left it but id only be deluding myself!

Edited by Krzys
Sorted for you dude!

Due to the arrival of a new rotor arm i thought i might check my sparks while warming my STP in a soothing hot bath, you would be unsurprised to learn that one was not as tight as it could have been, i only fitted them about a month ago, they are quite sooty already. When i have the time i will clean them down with the electrical spray i got from hellfrauds.

i am delaying the inevitable. To the Deck mobile!!

• Like 2

You've been having fun then!

yeah its 3 mph under according to gps. Took her out Sunday night, took the needle off hit thirty and popped it on, not easy but when i first tried it i was doing 50mph at 30mph so i could have left it but id only be deluding myself!

When you say 3mph under do you mean you're travelling 3mph less than the speedo reads? If so then that's how it should be!

Bloody windows phone, crappy pile of distended rectum!!!

:lol:

Should be fine at that then! 

Right so that's that totally fooked!

I get the part, take apart the cap only to find the bolts have snapped into the bloody distributor! add the that the part they sent is for a Mazda and is too big, absolute desolation...................................................................................................