New daily

KiNK43

Yep that's what I thought odd. But it's the way it's designed. The idea is that the diesel in the oil will be vaporised if it were to get hot enough but unlikely to do so.

Although apparently giving it some beans and getting the exhaust nice and hot burns the soot off dpf naturally and will stop it pouring diesel in trying to clean it

What a peculiar design!!!

Yep that's what I thought odd. But it's the way it's designed. The idea is that the diesel in the oil will be vaporised if it were to get hot enough but unlikely to do so.

Although apparently giving it some beans and getting the exhaust nice and hot burns the soot off dpf naturally and will stop it pouring diesel in trying to clean it

'Diesel' and 'giving it some beans' don't really go together though do they. :lol:

• Like 1

You'd be surprised mate. It shifts 143ps 360nm

I'm not saying it's not quick, modern diesels have loads of torque and get down the road quickly but revvy they're not (which is my interpretation of giving it beans). :)

I'm not saying it's not quick, modern diesels have loads of torque and get down the road quickly but revvy they're not (which is my interpretation of giving it beans). :)

That can be said for other makes of car too. Well most in fact, minus the MICEC Mitsi lumps. Not having vtec makes every other NA car seem boring and lacking up top.

That can be said for other makes of car too. Well most in fact, minus the MICEC Mitsi lumps. Not having vtec makes every other NA car seem boring and lacking up top.

True I suppose but most oil burners make peak power at around 3.5k rpm and redline around 5.5k, the older ones never used to make it to 5k.

Yeah true I hear ya. It is very different power delivery to any petrol engine. Have to keep an eye on rpm all the time because gear ratios are so long and I find myself shifting when I don't have to.

True I suppose but most oil burners make peak power at around 3.5k rpm and redline around 5.5k, the older ones never used to make it to 5k.

Yeah of course bud, wasn't disagreeing. Just stating that after having a screaming vtec, any other NA car that makes it's power high up seem flat.

Yeah true I hear ya. It is very different power delivery to any petrol engine. Have to keep an eye on rpm all the time because gear ratios are so long and I find myself shifting when I don't have to.

I always found the 6sp in the galaxy, with the massive torque it produced, hardly ever needing to change gear round town. Would do round abouts etc with ease in 4th

Yeah of course bud, wasn't disagreeing. Just stating that after having a screaming vtec, any other NA car that makes it's power high up seem flat.

Absolutely, most NA are kind of 'oh, rev limiter cuts in early!!' :lol: