A question

shaikh

Hi guys ive been watching youtube videos for car meets and etc :D and i found a term "anti-lag" can any1 explain or knows wat does it mean? All i can figure out is that car spit fire and dhazz dhazz dhazz like ak47 :D

It's over fueling on over run mate. Supposed to keep the turbo spooled when coming off the throttle.

Looks pretty crazy.

My mate who likes his subarus had it on his last bug eye. Sounded pretty insane

• Like 1

It's over fueling on over run mate. Supposed to keep the turbo spooled when coming off the throttle.

Looks pretty crazy.

Ye looks and sound great ermm i watched a guy with mb6 had it too...but i rarely see civics with that anti lag system always supra or skyline? Is there a reason? Like its good for big engines or sumet like that?

Civics run tiny turbos compared to a modified skyline/supra. The bigger the turbo, the longer it takes to produce full boost.

Aah ok thank u :) for the information

Looks pretty crazy.

Thnx for the info bro :D

I didnt know that ! Thats usefull as i wonder if that works mechanically or is it computer controlled because if its mechanical then its transferable to any turbo car

Newer BMWs for example run 'variable vain' turbos, so at low rpms they act like a little turbo spooling up quickly' then as the revs build the vanes get bigger, so becoming a big turbo . Very cleaver and almost eliminating turbo lag.

I always thought they ran two separate turbos, a small one and a big one? Everyday is a school day!

I always thought they ran two separate turbos, a small one and a big one? Everyday is a school day!

The VV turbos kind of run like that, it's almost like a smaller turbo inside a bigger turbo if you get what I mean.

You can't run antilag on roller bearing turbos though.. It'll be f**ked. The shafts aren't built to withstand the pressure, a normal shaft on a non-roller turbo are thicker and tougher as they centralise the propeller unlike the roller bearing ones which are spacered

Newer BMWs for example run 'variable vain' turbos, so at low rpms they act like a little turbo spooling up quickly' then as the revs build the vanes get bigger, so becoming a big turbo . Very cleaver and almost eliminating turbo lag.

Turbo got VTEC, yo!