my 1.5Lsi so far

D15

Finally got around to writing a little bit about my car, I dont have any great photos but will put up a few, then more when its actually clean, and daylight.

Its a Pirates Black 1.5LSi, 118k miles, had it since 86k.

[attachment=2]IMG_0335.jpg[/attachment]

Mods;

So far I have put on a 2.5'' cat back with a 5'' straight cut box, it sounds awesome but isnt quite designed for my car, ebay, so i bodged it somewhat....

Lowered on Koni STR.T springs and shocks which has made a monumental difference to the handling.

Camber adjustable top arms at the front (rear camber adjustment waiting to go on)

Quick shifter,

Black Diamond cross drilled, slotted and vented discs with Black Diamond Predator pads at the front.

Removed the air box

JDM rear lights

Blue LED underlights at the front

Red LED footwell lights

Phillips super dooper something or other headlights.

Infinity 5020c Reference components up front, Vibe QB 69's in the back, Vibe CBR12 with a BlackAir sub and 1400watt vibe monoblock amp, Clarion reference series 4 channel amp bridged for the QB69's, all running off of a Song Activ-Black head unit that is currently a little but f**ked.

NGK-R plugs.

I also have some team dynamics wheels and Toyo Proxes T1-r tyres in my cellar waiting to go on, just need the wheels powder coated first.

[attachment=1]IMG_0337.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]IMG_0344.jpg[/attachment]

Hope you all like it :)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like youve been busy! The camber adjustment will allow you to get the turn in sorted out big time, a worthwhile mod on any civic ma mb or mc. 8-) what team dynamic alloys do you have? The Toyos are superb, that with your koni suspension will transform it alot! The only bit I dont like is the Black Diamond brakes. I had these on my MA8 (just grooved tho, not drilled), and found they only felt good when new. After a couple of hundred miles, they didnt feel any better than standard discs tbh. Please keep a check on yours, as the grooved/drilled BD's are notorious for warping and cracking, the latter being extremely dangerous! I'd maybe change the pads, as the predator pads tend to suffer from brake fade and glazing. I swapped the predators for ferodo (spelling?) and the improvement was massive.

Keep up the good work mate, looking forward to the daylight pics ;)

I have indeed been busy, alot of my blood has been spilt on the bloody thing, aside from mot and tyres Iv never taken it to a garage.

I measured my camber and toe angles at college and found that she was running -2.8 degrees of camber all round! McLaren Formula One run their cars at -3.5. So I got the camber adjustment kit and re aligned the front end, now have -1 degree of camber, and corrected the toe from 11mm toe-out to 3mm toe-out. I was shocked the amount of difference it made, its now not far off the handling of my old Ford Ka! Amazing. So once I install the rear camber adjusters, align them and put the Toyos on I should be laughing.

Thats interesting what you say about the Black Diamond pads, I have noticed some glazing effects after prolonged heavy use, however, I spoke to a couple of my tutors and techs at college and they all reckoned that it is my brake fluid boiling. Because of the design of the Black Diamond pads they are really good at transmitting heat....they transmit the heat straight into your pots which of course goes into the fluid. At some point I will be completely flushing my brake fluid and replacing it with the same synthetic race fluid that my college uses on their VanDiemen Formula Ford. If its still pants ill let you know and get the details of those Ferrodo pads.

Also, future plans...possible re-map. When I sort out the valve clearances and timing belt Im going to rip the head off and mill it down a bit to ramp up the compression, as well as treating all the valve train components to allow for a higher red line.

Currently my insurance wont allow me to give it more power (Im 20, male, and dont have any no claims. Iv never crashed but this is the first time on my own insurance) but they shouldnt notice a head skim and treated components :P

• 1 month later...

Right, bit of an update.

Got my Team Dynamics wheels painted and on with Toyo Proxes T1-R's

Painted the front brake calipers (no photo)

Sorted the Valve clearances and did an oil change, running very nicely now

Also Dyno'd her before and after the mini service, there is 0.6hp to be gained from valve clearance and oil change. I got 108.9hp at the fly, which seeing as she had 114 when new is pretty decent (120k miles)

[attachment=3]IMG_0349.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=2]IMG_0353.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]IMG_0366.jpg[/attachment]

Had to bend the front arches out a little bit as well as the wider proxes were scrubbing.

[attachment=0]IMG_0363.jpg[/attachment]

Also have an ITG filter that is substantially larger than my induction pipe so need to figure a way of mounting it nicely.

Hope you all like.

• 11 months later...

Ok. So. Much has happened to my Civic since I last updated this.

Its been written off, twice. Once due to a friend reversing into my open door and tearing it off, with the wing. The second due to an old woman in a Mercedez B170 not looking before she pulled out on a roundabout.

She is now back to life :) with some new goodies :)

20 leds in the front bumper, HID's, Stage 1 clutch, wind deflectors (thanks Blames), VTi front lip (£4!), a new sub as the old one blew up :s, new front tyres as the old ones suffered at the hands of -1.8 degrees of camber.

I also have Blames' old ITR spoiler waiting to go on.

And I may or may not be buying a Garret T25 turbo removed from a 200sx from a friend :P Hopefully march for that one, another years no claims bonus should allow it. I sense a rear mount turbo with 200bhp coming on.... :P

Anyway! Pictures! Here are a few, I have better ones of the damage, but they are on my Dads camera which has gone walkabouts for the time being :s

This shows the broken brackets, the headlight was pushed so far back it was touching the engine!

IMAGE_032.jpg

IMAGE_029.jpg

Holes in the wing, lightweight yo! but not pretty.

IMAGE_028.jpg

IMAGE_033.jpg

IMAG0046.jpg

IMAG0044.jpg

IMAG0043.jpg

Mid clutch change carnage. Turned my mates garage into a bit of a tip.

IMAG0039.jpg

Shiny :)

IMAG0038.jpg

IMAG0045.jpg

Also, once I have the photos off my dads camera I plan to write a how-to for the LED's and short shifter.

Hope you all like!

Archived