Audio wiring help needed!!

snakey135

Right, ive got a fusion encounter sub box in my boot, with a 2 channel amp... Ive hooked it up to my head unit and it works fine but now ive just aquired some fusion tweeters which im struggling to wire in...

The tweeters have a crossover box each so the crossover has 2 input wires, 2 tweeter wires and 2 woofer wires... The tweeter wires obviously go to the tweeters and the woofer wires go to my fli front door speakers... But i cant figure how to wire the input wires from the amp?

If the input wires come straight from the head unit there wont be much difference in sound quality so ideally i want them from the amp but not sure how they connect to the amp... Or if this is even possible with a 2 channel amp??

All help much appreciated and ill have some pics up shortly!

... Or if this is even possible with a 2 channel amp??

No, frankly, you can run the front speakers using both channels of that amp or as you have it at the moment bridged to run the sub.

To amp both you need another 2 channel amp or a 4 channel one to replace that. (2 channels running front speakers and the other 2 bridged to run the sub).

• Like 1

Ah right... So doesnt 2 channel mean you can run two components from it... Ie. the sub and tweeters?? Thats what i thought... Obviously more to it than i thought lool

No, you need 1 channel per speaker or set of components. Eg if the amp is 2x150w it will supply a pair of speakers/component set with 150w each or it can be bridged (taking the + feed from one channel and the - feed from the other) to make a single channel of 300w.

If you want to amp a set of component speakers and a sub you really want a 4 channel amp with one pair of channels to the front components and the other pair bridged to the sub.

• Like 2

X2 as nick said that or you could keep that amp for the front speakers and run a second mono amp for the sub , that's another way

So it's

4 Chanel amp - 2 Chanel for fronts and other 2 channels bridged for the sub

Or

2 Chanel amp ( what you have ) for fronts and the a second mono amp for sub

Or

2 Chanel amp ( what you have) for fronts and the a second two Chanel amp bridged for sub

Or

3 Chanel amp which does 2 Chanel up front and mono for a sub

That's just a few ideas lol