200sx

Jayhoath83

Looking good chap! So the more powerful one is going in the 200 and then the old 200 engine is going in the mg??

nope the 200sx plus its engine has gone to make way for an sr20det plus cash my way n thats going in the mg after a full rebuild n mabe some stronger guts n then a gt30 turbo woohoo which equals big grin n wall aproaching fast now sing it with me "heads,sholders,knees and dead,knees and dead"

i had the what you call the 'top notch' in my s14, im pretty sure only non vvt's were fitted to pulsars and imports. Ive rebulit them as well, a pig and heavy. Only way to tell is to wait and see on the dyno lol

Actually the s13' sr20'scame in two forms a red top which was the basic 1 with a gt25 n the blactop which had a gt25 but better fueling n cooling finns on the head casting n neither of which had vvt. it wasnt until the s14 that it was introduced along with a gt28 turbo n better injectors n i no a common mod is to change the camcover to make it look like a notch top but like i said ive seen the papers n seen it in the flesh n its a real one

Ah I see!! Sweets!! :-) that will be mental :-)

Have these engines been out in mg's before??

yep theres a couple of guys in the uk n loads in the states n ive been doing my research n it quite straight forward as its all done with solid mounts which im making n i need a custom shaft which is being done by sailsburyprops when i can afford it n a custom fuse n relay box to link in to the sr20's ecu n bay loom n as it is it will hook up with the rest of the mg fairly easy its gonna take a while coz of money n time

Nope its going in my 78 mg bgt which used to have a v8 4.6 untill i blew it up on track lol n it was going too cost 7 grand to get a new engine as there was nothing salvaegable n it was a wildcat highperformance block wit 285bhp a.r.w n anybody who knows rover v8s knows thats expensive to get there so a cheap jap lump is the way to go lighter n more bang for ya bucks

Fingers crossed dude i'm gonna start the build thread for her this weekend hopefully lol

Good man, you know we're quite simple, pictures are a must! :lol:

• Like 2