3gdean's Mc2 VTI+s

3gdean

Like said it's really easy. Do it with half hour,,, maybe at the show,, sorry krzy.

I soldered mine in but choccy blocks would be just as good.

Didn't bother sourcing red bulb for fog... I never use it + my mot Er is friendly, can easily be swapped over though.

Do you know i think i was being completely stupid .. I didnt think you could do this with a deck! I need it done! now !

Any chance of a how too?

There's a how to here: http://civic5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/284-how-to-jdm-your-rear-lights/ and http://civic5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/463-how-to-do-jdm-look-rear-light-2nd-vision/

Don't forget you need harnesses for a deck as they're different.

Not strictly true, if you want the wires the same colour to help you out then yes,,, twin filament bulb holder with enough wire, honda usually helps as it be better fit. I used one off prelude and old civic had laying around. Wire colours didn't match but it's usually the centre wire that is your sidelight and outside wire for brake.

Not really,,, twin filament bulb holder with enough wire, honda usually helps as it be better fit. I used one off prelude and old civic had laying around. Wire colours didn't match but it's usually the centre wire that is your sidelight and outside wire for brake.

I was told the bulb holders are different. No?

Thank Sir Nick !

• Like 1

On the holder for the top stop/tails I used a Stanley blade to shave the small line off the side as it stops the holders going in, the two main locks are enough to hold them in!

Yeh but so is the twin filament bulb holder, nothing a file and blade won't sort, as long as it's secure. Rather the hunting and waiting for a specific loom to come up use something else.

Had to file literally 1.5mm on the bulb holder to make the lude one fit.

Yeh but so is the twin filament bulb holder, nothing a file and blade won't sort, as long as it's secure. Rather the hunting and waiting for a specific loom to come up use something else.

Had to file literally 1.5mm on the bulb holder to make the lude one fit.

Specific loom you say? http://civic5.com/forum/index.php?/classifieds/item/9-aerodeck-rear-lights-loom-and-led-indicators/ ;)

• Like 1

Don't see what you're getting at?

My point is you don't need a whole loom to use 1 bulb holder, just get any twin filament bulb holder.

Fair enough, I haven't done it myself so I was just going on what I've read/been told by others.

So you can just get any tail/brake bulb holders and make them fit easy enough?

Yeh, the bulb and holder are the same size, it's only how the bulb locates and secures that differ slightly, will take a picture of mine as one of the bulb holder is grey.