Random side project

So as some of you know I'm planning on building an in-car stereo/head unit/gauge application for a tablet and mounting in the dashboard, I've also saved up a bunch of cash for parts and stuff to keep me occupied when I finally get back and started...

However I found out today that Nikki bought a black 1.5 LS MB3 (?) for me as a project car.. So all of the money I got saved, is going into this.. That and I'll be returning a month early! F**K YEAH!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This will look awesome when done! You'll have to make it removable though for fear of some chav ripping it out??

We live in Aberystwyth, the most exciting thing that happens is flooding. Old people still leave their doors unlocked!

In all honesty though that was a thought because we do go back to the Midlands quite a lot to see family. I have access to a 3D Printer and Laser Scanner at work so I might design a new central console bit and get it printed, be something for my computer vision and graphics students to do :evil:

We live in Aberystwyth, the most exciting thing that happens is flooding. Old people still leave their doors unlocked!

In all honesty though that was a thought because we do go back to the Midlands quite a lot to see family. I have access to a 3D Printer and Laser Scanner at work so I might design a new central console bit and get it printed, be something for my computer vision and graphics students to do :evil:

What about something to conceal it? But without it looking like it's hiding anything?

What about something to conceal it? But without it looking like it's hiding anything?

I did think about some sort of hinge to push it back and upwards (fold upward) and just have a standard iso cable behind it I can pull forward and look like my stereo is missing :D