Just bought some Rear ZS180 Dampers and springs

Guest rallyeluke

Guest rallyeluke

After a bit of searching I have decided to go for ZS180 Rear dampers and springs and DC2 Front dampers and springs as it seems like the ideal setup for stock components.

Super excited to get it all fitted up :) I already have a ZS180 rear arb fitted as I used to have it fitted to my old MC2 and it was lying about in the house so immediately got fitted to the MB6 :) 

Be interesting to see how it all works once fitted! I'm not a fan of wildly mixing and matching important parts but this could work out, I can see the logic here.

I vaguely remember the thread without going onto it to read it, front should be closer matched to the M's front axle weight as you said whereas the MG front end is heavier.

Should be a big difference if the parts are correct. I had mgzs shocks and springs but ride height was all fecked up and ended up trying different ones from CW Dismantlers on ebay. Not putting a dampener on your stuff mate, just making you aware that not all mgzs springs/shocks are the same as ones that have been fitted, without problems, on here....

Should be a big difference if the parts are correct. I had mgzs shocks and springs but ride height was all fecked up and ended up trying different ones from CW Dismantlers on ebay. Not putting a dampener on your stuff mate, just making you aware that not all mgzs springs/shocks are the same as ones that have been fitted, without problems, on here....

If memory serves me it's to do with places selling different parts than advertised wasn't it? The parts turning were for the 120 spec instead of 180 or something? 

Guest rallyeluke

its only the rear dampers I will be using anyway and not expecting much of a drop, 20mm if that I am more interested in getting the dc2's on the front :) 

If memory serves me it's to do with places selling different parts than advertised wasn't it? The parts turning were for the 120 spec instead of 180 or something? 

People on here raved and praised CW Dismantlers so i went with opinion. Just turned out that they had turned crap and punted any old setup. They were adament however that mgzs suspension had different springs etc and went with coloured spots on them. God knows what coloured spots were perfect for our cars. I personally would NOT recommend that setup as been there done that and learned to buy better.

Guest rallyeluke

People on here raved and praised CW Dismantlers so i went with opinion. Just turned out that they had turned crap and punted any old setup. They were adament however that mgzs suspension had different springs etc and went with coloured spots on them. God knows what coloured spots were perfect for our cars. I personally would NOT recommend that setup as been there done that and learned to buy better.

So what part of the setup didnt you like buddy? and what were the issues?