Just bought some Rear ZS180 Dampers and springs

Guest rallyeluke

Guest jimbob738
Guest rallyeluke

I think coilovers are garbage for the road, and unless you are actually getting your vehicle corner weighted and having the weights set correctly then it is just an amateur move slapping a set of coilovers on and eyeing your ride height and nine times out of ten the car will handle worse because of it (other then giving the illusion of better handling due to the stiffness of the suspension) Plus corner weighting will go out as soon as you drive away from where you had it set up as the roads are too bumpy for there use, fine on a flat circuit but bash around our b roads with them and all that money and effort getting the corners weighted will be lost. 

And in regards to Meisters it is interesting to see on Ebay.com the amount of "Generic" Damping adjustable civic coilovers that share exactly the same design and pillowball top mounts.. Coincidence? Doubtful 

I think coilovers are garbage for the road, and unless you are actually getting your vehicle corner weighted and having the weights set correctly then it is just an amateur move slapping a set of coilovers on and eyeing your ride height and nine times out of ten the car will handle worse because of it (other then giving the illusion of better handling due to the stiffness of the suspension) Plus corner weighting will go out as soon as you drive away from where you had it set up as the roads are too bumpy for there use, fine on a flat circuit but bash around our b roads with them and all that money and effort getting the corners weighted will be lost.

And in regards to Meisters it is interesting to see on Ebay.com the amount of "Generic" Damping adjustable civic coilovers that share exactly the same design and pillowball top mounts.. Coincidence? Doubtful

So then, when are you putting some coilovers on?

Guest rallyeluke

I have had Meisters before and also had KW varient 2 innox line coilovers on my EF so I have had both extremes of quality and neither were suitable for road use. fine on the track but far to much compromise in ride quality for daily use. Coilovers are generally just carpark bragging rights and not of any great interest to me anymore. 

A good set of Bilstein dampers and Eibach springs is a far more performance orientated set up and will be of higher quality than what is essentially rebranded chinese coilovers with a hefty markup. 

Couldn't disagree more with coilovers being unpractical for the road. I have a them on my deck and yes, I've lost a little practicality, but this is because of the lows, but this is because they aren't mb specific as I had a set of EK's.

The ride is actually not far off standard and it corners 10 times better having had a FRSU done.

The 'amateur' way is sleeves or chopped springs. And as for setting up, if you take your time and align them properly, have the correct pre load height etc.

Not quite sure who 'slaps coilovers on and eyes it up'

Guest rallyeluke

My 1991 Ed7 Civic 16-16 is set on bilstein dampers and H&R springs. My MC2  is sat on Monroe Reflex dampers and unknown 40mm lowering springs and my MB6 is sat Mg Zs 180 dampers and springs on the back and Integra type R DC2 shocks on the front .

In regards to the ride height of my MB6 

It is sat 1.5" gap between arch and tyre on the front and 2" gap on the rear, rides nicely while still retaining a large amount of compliance. 

Guest jimbob738

My 1991 Ed7 Civic 16-16 is set on bilstein dampers and H&R springs. My MC2  is sat on Monroe Reflex dampers and unknown 40mm lowering springs and my MB6 is sat Mg Zs 180 dampers and springs on the back and Integra type R DC2 shocks on the front .

In regards to the ride height of my MB6 

It is sat 1.5" gap between arch and tyre on the front and 2" gap on the rear, rides nicely while still retaining a large amount of compliance. 

Hmmm very interesting, and you can still use the 180 ARB aswell, I like your style on that one so there is half an inch in it front to back I wonder how you could deal with that.

what are the Monroe reflex like I have heard good things on monroes used them in the past on my punto 1.4 GT before it got totalled that thing was like a go kart used gmax 30mm drops never ever caused me an issue.