Just bought some Rear ZS180 Dampers and springs

Guest rallyeluke

Guest jimbob738

not the best quality picture but gives you an idea of how it sits now :)

What are the actual heights from the top of the wheel to the arch if you don't mind me asking.

Thanks

I know what you're saying Jamie but the Meister's do cater very well with them being fully adjustable, first time I've had fully adjustable as before I've only had lowering springs or the MGZS set up which as you quite rightly pointed out, cheap! 

I've learnt in recent years that trying to do things on the cheap just causes more hassle than waiting a bit longer and paying more for specific hardware.

I can have the Meister's high up, low down and scraping the floor or I can have them wollowy or hard as a rock! Perfect being as I keep changing my mind so I keep having to adjust them so :lol:

Again as Krzys has said, the Miesters arent that bad .. I paid £750 with a discount for my HSD's for my EK .. And there are plenty of variations to be had on those .. As it happens, they work bloody well on the deck too lol

• Like 1

I second this I went through hell with this cr*p setup and CWDismantlers were selling any old MG Cack as zs180 this and that when It wasn't but that wasn't apparent until after you fitted them, I have DC2 shocks on and they are low, if your mixing them the back will be higher on zs180's which again feck the handling up.

the issues im having are uneven tyre wear even once tracked and cant fit the rear ARB so looking to go meister R soon or look into other shocks. 

DC2 stuff is made for lighter back end and wrong spring rates as Andrew pointed out a while back and the MG ZS is too stiff all round and the fronts made for a v6 lump not a 1.8 DOHC, short and narrow of it is you cant do this cheaply if your thinking of doing that just stick to the stock shocks and put eibachs or cheap pi's on it.

MB6 suspension = nightmare, hence why meister R prices are expensive coz they know they have a niece market with us £700+ is bloody obscene IMO but what choice we got for a car that's worth Â£12-1500 tops.

Exactly

Well said :)

I know what Jamie is saying, i wouldnt spend that much on them for an M. For an EG, EK, EP i probably would though! 

Im missing that thought process??? lol

Guest jimbob738

I know what Jamie is saying, i wouldnt spend that much on them for an M. For an EG, EK, EP i probably would though! 

Funny you should say that I am toying with the idea of buying this and converting it to a 1.8vti with all my running gear I have suspension that will fit this a treat and im getting sick of having no suspension options for the MB6 well none that I consider a sensible price, I have owned a few EG's in the past and they handle by far the best out of any Honda I have driven and I have driven a few.

check this out http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171392304577?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

mines off the road at the moment anyway currently driving a 2.5 Volvo v70 and just finished getting my jeep back on the road Volvo is on ebay so if that sells hello 1.4 ek.

Guest jimbob738

Im missing that thought process??? lol

my point isn't what I would spend that on its more that those cars have more sensibly priced options that aren't one extreme to another with the M it seems to be Stock or Full race spec theres no semi race options for example which to me was what the ITR stuff would have been if it fitted with the ARB...............................

And please don't think I am Hating on the M's I have owned 4 of them but the only thing that's always let them down has been the Handling and availability of uprated parts for them at a decent price. 

• Like 1

Guest jimbob738

I have seen them for around 5-550 to 600 before and plenty more companys catering to that chasis gives you a bit more of a competitive market I think.