Just bought some Rear ZS180 Dampers and springs

Guest rallyeluke

People on here raved and praised CW Dismantlers so i went with opinion. Just turned out that they had turned crap and punted any old setup. They were adament however that mgzs suspension had different springs etc and went with coloured spots on them. God knows what coloured spots were perfect for our cars. I personally would NOT recommend that setup as been there done that and learned to buy better.

But that in my case I ordered from the same people and didn't have a problem as did a few others. Being optimistic I'd like to think your bad experience with them was a minority.

So what part of the setup didnt you like buddy? and what were the issues? 

Front ride height was like a 4x4 and back looked standard mate. Lots of understeer as a result of higher front end.

But that in my case I ordered from the same people and didn't have a problem as did a few others. Being optimistic I'd like to think your bad experience with them was a minority.

I agree but i have to share my experience, as it may happen to others.

Guest rallyeluke

Front ride height was like a 4x4 and back looked standard mate. Lots of understeer as a result of higher front end.

I agree but i have to share my experience, as it may happen to others.

was this mg zs180  dampers front and rear? 

If I remember correctly, all rear shocks/springs are the same on all zs models, only the fronts are different. CW were sending out pre 2004 zs180 or 45 diesel shocks which had an orange and white stripe on the springs. The extra weight of these engines could have caused the front to be higher in an mb6? The facelifted zs180, 2004 on, had suspension setup made by Eibach and these springs had blue and white stripe on them, I believe that this is the setup people prefer in the MB6.

• Like 2

Guest rallyeluke

They are all here as of today 10th June. 

I fitted my new Toyosports exhaust today so had no time for the suspension, that will be done this sunday. 

• Like 1