Gutted

mark11

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does my head in because i had this looking mint, no rust or anything then someone goes and hit it. Only think my car needed was wheels respraying.

Anyone know what value it would be worth R reg, 130,000. There is only one MC2 on trader and thats nearlly £2k.

what year and mileage was yours etc. Just had a quote for new wing, painted, respray bumper £738 plus vat. He is really really good but think thats ripping p*ss

mine is a 2000 T reg with about 97k on it at the time, yeh that is taking the p**s a bit, why dont you ask adam about a new wing? i bet he has loads lying around

I would ask him but them who hit me want to go through insurance. Going to try my best to keep the car and repair myself, just hope i dont come too much worse off.

I dont want to be out of pocket from this, the lady who hit me was very posh brand new Jag, (both solicitors who look absolutley minted and money is obviously no object) and through no fault of my own my pride and joy now may be wrote off and i dont have the money like they do to go out and buy a new MC2 (Can only find one one Trader lol) and i really dont think insurance are going to pay me enough to get another so really hoping i can keep mine.

something like this happened to me a few months back, usually what happens is the insurance company will pay out on the value of the car and then offer you the chance to buy back the car for 20% of the value, however with mine they said they didnt see any salvage value in the car for them so they gave it back to me for nothing! so keep your fingers crossed.

Did they give you the £1k as well as giving you the car back. What damage was on yours and how much to repair?

yeh they gave me the money and the car, i got a new bumper from a breakers yard for 12 quid and I had to re-MOT it and then take it to the nearest VOSA testing place to have a VIC check done and then it was road legal again, Mine was a Cat C wright off, which is what they use for cosmetic damage only

edit: the VIC check cost about 45 quid if i remember correctly, and obviously the cost of the MOT