Gutted

mark11

took it to my usual one, basically you get the car back and its not road legal, you then have to mot it with the same grace to drive it to and from the mot center as usual, then once it is mot'd it is road legal again, however you wont be able to buy a tax disk for it untill the VIC check has been done

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh i think i had this with a car before which was a Cat D andthey didnt give me the log book bacj until it had been checked. Do they just check work thats been done where the damage was? Didnt know what they checked i can remember going and waiting about an hour.

mine didnt take anywhere near that long, they arnt checking the work at all, basically what it's for is to check that the car is still the one its supposed to be, for example making sure that its not the plates from a written off car on a stolen car or making sure its not a cut and shut job etc

• 2 weeks later...

Could be worse tho dude. Not great and an inconvenience for ya.. sure that money would could cover the repair the check and probably get the wheels painted up like you mentioned earlier on

i  polished the scuff out just need to do the dint now so should leave plenty off beer money lol and yes will get wheels done now . just the cat c part what makes me mad for a little dint but keeping the car any way friday.gif1

she as been saved lol

i  polished the scuff out just need to do the dint now so should leave plenty off beer money lol and yes will get wheels done now . just the cat c part what makes me mad for a little dint but keeping the car any way friday.gif1

she as been saved lol

It's only because they think it would cost more than the book value of the car. That'll be garages charging as much as possible though. 

• 4 weeks later...