Skunk2 LCA's ebay fakes

Guest jimbob738

Guest jimbob738

I hope so Krzys I hate fakers

I am buying legit ones off 1000rpm the guy who bought my green aerodeck

Hoping to do a big update on my plans later tonight got loads of parts to fit and all ECU remapping kit coming today from H-Tune cant wait I love ECU remapping its right up my street being a huge IT nerd.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jimbob738

Done it before went fine on my old ESI eg turbo back in 2006, aslong as you got a long road and AFR and some patience its not that hard just don't blast it when you running lean or rich as soon as you see summot wrong then change it fast, plus i got loads of base maps to work off just my chip burner is foooked.

i bought the following today off Scott and he has given me advice on what data logging programs i should use not paying $150 for crome pro just to data log......

Moates burn2 £85

Moates ostrich p28 p72 p30 emulator ROM £175 But wanted one for sooo long well excited by this.......im sad i know

Moates hulog extreme for data logging.

got my MS surface 2 8.1 tablet to do it on let the mapping begin, its been a while but i have 2 solid maps to get started on first thing is disable the launch control crap and IAB's

Guest jimbob738

No they are the American company that produce the Chip burners and other kit that works well with Crome, poor mans way of mapping i guess, some pay more for the daemon stuff or AEM but i find that crome works well for what it is, you always get people piping up about how rubbish it is and get a proper ecu blah blah but i ignore it, you could chuck thousands at ECU's and get the same basic stuff as a socketed P28 or P30 or P08 or P72 and Crome its the map that's the tricky part. 

i wouldn't recommend anyone to mess if they don't know what they doing at all, but the ESI i mapped in 2006 is still running now as I see it when I am around north of Nottingham, I loved that car very quick motor that one.

Guest jimbob738

I bought a book called ENGINE MANAGEMENT Advanced Tuning by Greg Banish years ago still have it and another one about Honda b series tuning off amazon and read then over and over like a big sad nerd, then played about with my old D16 p28 after I socketed it myself and then bought a cheap willem chip burner and some eeprom chips from an APC electricals in Nottingham about 10 years ago, just fiddled with vtec crossovers and then joined the pgmfi forums asked questions,

when I was doing it though I must admit I was using an old HP laptop and windows XP sp1 was a while back so getting the proper kit this time and gonna get data logging running and a good AFR wideband then its on.

these are the books for anyone interested:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Engine-Management-Advance-Tuning-Performance/dp/1932494421/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407445737&sr=8-1&keywords=engine+management+advanced+tuning

and

http://www.amazon.co.uk/High-Performance-Honda-Builders-Handbook-Pett**s/dp/1613250282/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407446434&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=honda+builders+guide

VOL 2 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Performance-Honda-Builders-Handbook-Volume/dp/1613251130/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1407446434&sr=8-3-fkmr0&keywords=honda+builders+guide

doesn't just focus on boosted talks a lot about high comp N/A builds the guy love Brian Cower in it though and does a nice comparison on induction kits and headers.

I love the way both books slater the piggy back units i.e " Vtec Controllers" and it even explains why you should take a look.

http://forum.pgmfi.org/ useful link here where you can DL chrome and also read up on things if you need help.

Guest jimbob738

anything is possible mate when you have a tinker, using a Chrome base map you cant do any serious damage anyway well that said I never did and tbf Chrome now has a lot more user friendly GUI (graphic user interface) than back then so it kinda points you in the right directions anyway.

also that's the reason why I bought the moates ostrich because you can live map while the cars running and your logging at the same time makes instant changes then you save the .bin file to the laptop and burn it to a chip its brilliant. #bignerd

there's knowledge in them there books mate......