A Fun Aerodeck....

Butcher

So, a 1.6 SOHC Aerodeck is reliable, practical... that's about it really. 

As much as I love mine, it has never really ticked the 'interesting' box. 

And every so often the temptation grabs me, just to have a quick look on eBay and see what more interesting models there are...

Thing is, I'm guessing the running costs would be similar. Insurance can't be that much more, and I've heard fuel costs don't vary a lot between models? So really there's no reason for me to be driving around in a dull car!

All I need to know, is which ones to look out for when I'm browsing eBay?  8-)  

Cool. I was gonna say that must just be a case of different trim. But then I went off and read an article about a 1.6 VTI being almost as quick as the 1.8, due to the weight reduction.

Is there a 1.6 VTI too? And is it any good? Or have I dreamt reading about this?

I know there's the DOHC 1.6, at around 125bhp, but surely that's no match for the 1.8.   

Hi, am i remembering that you live at consett?

I live at burnopfield... Can pop up sometime and let you have a spin if you like?

Yeah. I think I seen you the other week actually. You have a brake light out :wink:

I'm not that serious really. It's more a case of if I seen one at a good price, maybe I'd be tempted. If the stars align and all that... Just all the stars looked the same to me, hence this thread. It's a bit clearer now.

Appreciate the offer though.

• Like 1

Heh heh.. No worries ;)

I've always got a brake light out... Been through loads over the years.

Actually, you passed me i think on lobbly Hill bank the other night - is your reg dhl?