Manifolds?

KiNK43

hey im confused about collector sizes!

im looking at buying a 4-2-1 ebay manifold, but will it produce any power gains if it still has a 2" collector like the stock manifold?

cheers, jake 1"£££$££"!!

As far as i know the outer diameter of the MB6 exhaust is 2" but the inner diameter is 1.7". This makes the exhaust very restrictive. Going to 2" inner diameter will yield power gains and going upto 2.25" will yield a few more BHP but not much over 2" unless you are having the car remapped too.

To give you some idea have a look on the supersprint website. I spoke to SS UK and the contacted the HQ in Italy. They advised they have dyno tested the car and found 2" to yield the best results. Based on using their full 2" system (inner diameter) yielded ~15BHP.

Am not sure on the quality of ebay manifolds when the likes of DC sports, Greddy, Supersprint etc cost £350+. Some have used the ebay ones and have had no issues but me personally would go for the more established brands - IMO :) .

wow that says it all,

thanks!

unfortunately i dont have the funds to go for a spoon or dc manifold. wish i did!

so for now im gonna buy an ebay jobby and a decat to go with my supersrint cat back.

thanks again for takin the time. ;)

jake

well nice one for checking that out. its a supersprint system. receipt says 2.5". i measured tonight at 60mm o.d. thats more like 2.25 to me.

oh well.

yes will get decat. but cant find a mani with 2.25 collector at a sensible price. let me know if you every come across one.

cheers :D

Check Ebay.com. There is an abundance of Headers for the B18. The Acura Integra (B18C1) has basically he same engine as the MB6's B18C4, not much differance at all. Look for one then contact about international shipping, that may be your best bet

Archived