low clutch pedal?

GB.

My vti seems to have a low pedal, changes gear lovely, just a low pedal :| Now my first thoughts are dodgy slave cylinder :?: , is this a common problem and if it is the slave can I use my ek4 cylinder?

GB

Also, check for leaks around either side of the firewall where the cylinder passes through...peel back the carpet a little in the drivers footwell and look for either moisture, or signs of bubbling/flaking paint.

Turns out mine was leaking, didn't notice until I removed my carpet, but glad I caught it before it was too late and actually saw any more symptoms.

• 2 weeks later...

my clutch has always bit low, and i have just literally found that the master cylinder???? at the peadal is leaking. just looked through forum to see if any posts about it and found this.

seems to be a common problem.

basically. yeah.

gears engage fine. just get a shaky leg at traffic lights tryin to keep the clutch disengaged!

ordered a new master cylinder.

any info on how to bleed would be useful?

• 6 months later...

How normal is this low bite problem? I have today got around to fitting new master cylinder (courtesy of beastgtir) installed, pumped tons of fluid through and kept topping up. Closed nipple with pedal to floor. At first couldnt disengage clutch at all but kept pumping

Pedal until finally it disengaged. Ive checkf for leaks and reservoir full, but still the bite point is still mm's from the floor. Why is this? I was hoping it would be normal so I wonder if ive missed something. Any help appreciated. Jake

my vtis had a very low bite point all i can say is dont get uprated clutch because you will have to stand up at traffic lights to hold the clutch in lol

haha,

i was getting a shaky leg already at junctions. the new cylinder is much lighter at least.

soooo am i to assume that this is normal for some civics??

or is there anyway i can adjust it???

silly question as its very straight forward system i know.

but i did notice the thread on the piston itself, do i touch this?

Archived