MeisterR vs. BC Racing

Dexter

I want the best coils for my MC2 money can buy. I've narrowed down the search to MeisterR Zeta-S and BC Racing BR but just can't decide on which one to choose. So in my usual way, i made a list of pros & cons to help me decide:

MeisterR

+ EVERYBODY at Civic5 recommends them

+ Designed specifically for M-civics

- only 1 year warranty

- costs a bit more (even with the club discount)

BC Racing

+ Everybody in Finland, including the Honda crowd, recommends them

+ Can choose spring strength at no extra cost

+ 2 year warranty

+ supplier just a 15 min drive from my house, and offers a free 30 day trial period with 100% refund if not satisfied

- Not designed for M's, allthough the EG6 set should be a straight fit

I always thought i'd get Meisters eventually but now that it's time to buy and i started looking into other options as well, it seems for me that the scales have tipped towards BC. Especially the 2 year warranty vs. Meister's 1 feel like a big difference. BUT still i feel like i should buy Meisters. And Naz who's had both on his deck recommends Meister.

I don't know... what are your thoughts?

For me, the Meister's, biased as they are the only ones I've had any experience with, plus they are made specifically for the M.

That said, if BC will you do the correct spring rate for your Deck on the EG set that fit, you could be onto a winner there. The only thing is it depends what height you want, as it seems suspension for other Civic's are shorter than the M's so you tend to end up quite low whether you like it or not.

I would actually say do the 30 day trial on the BC's, if you're happy with them then don't bother messing about and get them bought.

Meister's are very good though too but I think BC are the easier option for you. Plus less hassle should you have problems in the future.

For me, the Meister's, biased as they are the only ones I've had any experience with, plus they are made specifically for the M.

That said, if BC will you do the correct spring rate for your Deck on the EG set that fit, you could be onto a winner there. The only thing is it depends what height you want, as it seems suspension for other Civic's are shorter than the M's so you tend to end up quite low whether you like it or not.

I would actually say do the 30 day trial on the BC's, if you're happy with them then don't bother messing about and get them bought.

Meister's are very good though too but I think BC are the easier option for you. Plus less hassle should you have problems in the future.

Yes that's something i'm concerned about. I like to roll low and i know i can for sure slam the deck with the bc's, the question is can i get it high enough for snowboarding trips etc. when i need the extra cleareance. But like you said luckily i can try them and return them if they're not good.

Yes that's something i'm concerned about. I like to roll low and i know i can for sure slam the deck with the bc's, the question is can i get it high enough for snowboarding trips etc. when i need the extra cleareance. But like you said luckily i can try them and return them if they're not good.

I would try it, fit them on their highest setting and maybe pack the car like you're going on a trip, like do a test run maybe? 

I would try it, fit them on their highest setting and maybe pack the car like you're going on a trip, like do a test run maybe? 

Yeah good idea, it might be worth the effort, since i'm hoping that either way i go this will be the last set of coils i buy for the deck.

Yeah good idea, it might be worth the effort, since i'm hoping that either way i go this will be the last set of coils i buy for the deck.

Cool! Glad I could help. :)

• Like 1

cant speak for BC's but the meisters are brilliant on my hatch, most expensive thing ive bought for the car but worth every penny, also the only time ive had to call them for something they were great (i lost one of the little spacer rings that go in the forks on the back and they sent me a replacement for just the cost of the postage) and that was well outside the years warranty so they didn't have to.

but if you can test the BC's do it and go from there!

Yeah i think i'll do that, i guess i don't have much to lose? Just some time underneath the car and isn't that the best part of this thing :-D

Oh Ye! If I had the choice I would test and go from there. Atleast then you can set it up how you want. If it doesn't work then you've only lost out on labour time really haven't you :)