B18c4 missfire from cold start under load@ 2-3K

Guest jimbob738

Guest jimbob738

OK I m at my wits end just about with this issue really getting on my nerves, for the last few months when I start the car from cold and pull off for about 10 seconds the engine stutters as if its going to cut out/running lean if you drive through it, it goes away until next time its cold.

I have changed the:

the distributor

leads

cleaned the PCV valve

run injector cleaner through it

changed the Lambda sensor

reset the ECU

Im at a loss, I am going to get a multi meter on the TPS and the MAP sensor later but just interested to see who else if anyone has experienced anything, I was hoping to ask Richard from Dynodaze but is he still on here?

im about a day away from ripping the engine out and reconditioning the whole thing (which right now I could do without) just so I can start from a point I know is fresh.

I have no error codes checked today just a really annoying stuttering god damn its annoying you think you have got rid of it and the its back.

HELP!

Guest jimbob738

I have a full set of injectors off another b18c4 I broke so might get them cleaned, the plugs are fine not old at all, not tried fuel filter though going Sutton Auto Factors to get one.

what I don't get is why its only from cold starts it doesn't happen all the time driving just when you on half throttle at about 2k to 3-4k it stutters like its going to die then picks up vroooom but if there is a fuelling issue I don't want to go booting it and kill a piston or a valve.

surely someone else has had this issue.

I am going to try another ECU tonight luckily have the old key with the transponder so should fire up nicely lets hope I can find the issue.

Guest jimbob738

I have attempted but there isn't any error to be found.

I have just changed the fuel filter and checked all the plugs (all fine)

rechecked dizzy timing ( fine)

flushed coolant out replaced with new car plan red.

ECU just being reset now and I will go for a run when it cools but while I was getting it to temp for the coolent could feel it juddering at 2K-3K.

next thing I think is check the voltage on the TPS sensor other then that I don't know what else to look for its so irritating.

Mine has done this for years - but mine only does it when it's beeb running and has cooled. It's never done it from properly cold.

Over got a new o2 sensor to fit and was hoping that was it

Guest jimbob738

OK just test the TPS sensor (Throttle Position sensor) and its at 6v which to my understanding it should be between 4.5 and 5v so it may indicate a dodgy TPS sensor anyone clued up on this subject?

if so many of you have had this issue how come no one has tried to sort it not being bitchy just curious I am slightly OCD so hate it when things don't work as they should.

Guest jimbob738

http://www.240sx.org/faq/articles/throttle_position_sensor_adjustm.htm

for anyone who wants to know this is what the TPS does and what outputs it sold roughly give and what points.

I think this could have a lot to do with my issues I just took it out to fill up and did it straight away on light throttle was coughing and spluttering then vrroooooom kicks into life its a strange one but seems this might be the issue, new TPS next month then and fresh inlet gaskets JOYZ!!!!!!!!!!!!