B18c4 missfire from cold start under load@ 2-3K

Guest jimbob738

Guest jimbob738

Oh yes I am its a nightmare.

its hard to diagnose something running non-stock parts is all I was saying I the short, I have run decats on cars previous and the standard ECU has been fine with it I think im barking up the wrong tree really and the fact remains that somewhere lies a faulty component.

I went a bit Halfords Mechanic there for a short while, you know if you turned up at a garage they would straight away say well you've got a decat on it and a big air filter on it what do you expect ( which enforces the fact they only know how to service breaks and tyres)

Harsh but true.

the Lambda is pre Cat anyway so really it takes a reading before the processing of the emissions if it was post cat I would say its the decat issue thinking logically that is.

better get my thinking cap back on then.

• Like 3

By the sounds of it, you've replaced pretty much everything else so the tps seems the next logical step.

That or just the throttle body a good clean?

Guest jimbob738

yeah I will clean these injectors fit them then if that don't work rip off the manifold clean it all up and stick it back on pain in the a55.

I thank you all for your input I was just starting to think folks on civic5 were bothered about was putting flashy cr*p on they cars but you have renewed my faith guys. (no disrespect intended just don't see many technical questions on here that much anymore)

• Like 1

Guest jimbob738

Mine's done this since I got the car nearly 7 years ago and when it was standard, so mods shouldn't be affecting it. :)

that's good to know what decat do you have on and mani 2.5" or 2.25"?

don't you also run a custom ratio box that you made a while back hows that getting on?

yeah I will clean these injectors fit them then if that don't work rip off the manifold clean it all up and stick it back on pain in the a55.

I thank you all for your input I was just starting to think folks on civic5 were bothered about was putting flashy cr*p on they cars but you have renewed my faith guys. (no disrespect intended just don't see many technical questions on here that much anymore)

Yeah that's understandable! Sometimes the guys in the know aren't able to reply as quickly as we'd like but we try between us to help where we can! :)

Guest jimbob738

its just reassuring to know that other suffer from the same issues with there cars that's all I was thinking why me........

I consider myself to be fairly clued up on Hondas in general had them half my life but never had an issue stump me like this, bring back my twin carb GL no ECU in sight and went like stink back in 2002 fun times.

• Like 1

that's good to know what decat do you have on and mani 2.5" or 2.25"?

don't you also run a custom ratio box that you made a while back hows that getting on?

I've got a sports cat and an oem dc2 4-2-1 mani, which i think is 2.25.

Loving the gear box... Just seems so much more usable. It's very happy doing 30 in 4th and seems like it's more economical round the doors, but is got much more poke at the same time, and 5th is a tiny bit longer than the s9b when you take the fd into account. 8-)