roylewaa's mb4 auto

Roylewaa

Thought I'd start a project thread on the on the new Civic

Its a Mb4, an auto this time, the Mrs decided she want to learn to drive in an auto, so I set about looking for a decent cheap auto for her, she told me to find something cheap, reliable that wasn't a Honda, Civic, or Accord:)

So naturally I opted for a Civic, much to her bemusement

paid £500, 100k, full service history including a cambelt change a while back

Seems to drive ok, changes gear fine etc

Brakes are questionable questionable, and pulls to the left Abit, rocker gasket has a nasty leak too, all simple stuff to rectify really

Already chucked on a mgzs spoiler I had in the shed, and have a set of alloys to go on

Quick pic of her at the mo

DSC_0091_zps8claqvdr.jpg

Clean enough! 

Have to ask though, how/when/why did you marry this woman based on her car preferences? quote -  "that wasn't a Honda, Civic, or Accord"

Thats divorcible in my books rlol.gif1  

• Like 2

Thanks for the comments fellas :)

Yeah Grant her taste in cars consists of something French, preferably a 206cc or a Clio

The only thing jap I could get her to look at was an mx5

She has her suspicions I may have bought the Civic more for myself, I don't know what's given her that idea mind :/

Maybe the fat 17" alloys I fitted today or the sohc vtec decals on the lower rear door might be a giveaway ;)

Iirc, mb4 is on disks around, and with it being an auto it will hammer the brakes, tell her to use the hand brake as it will sieze up, and for an auto these are bloody quick.

Yeah it has discs all round, front discs have seen better days and quite scored with quite a lip on the edge, pads down to half a centimetre so I reckon that's first on the list, from a safety aspect mainly

Handbrake is actually pretty good, better than both my previous Civics so it's been used as normal by the feels of it

And yes it is surprisingly nippy, I overtook on a short stretch of carriageway this afternoon, foot flat down she kicked down like a Gooden:)

Billy bargain that..

to be fair divorce is a last resort.. its took 7 years but I've managed to beat my wife into believing civics are the best car in the world. Finally. So there is hope for you.

I don't know why she has this thing against Honda's, she seems to think they are old man's cars, we were behind an integra type R today and I asked what she thought about it to which she was meh

Although she went a little quiet when it left us like we were standing, my reply was Vtec baby! :)