Vti gearbox replacement

Dodd89

Hi guys, I now the mb6 has the same engine as a dc2, just detuned and different gearbox, are the ratios on a dc2 box much different? Would it be worth replacing or is it not very noticeable? Thanks

Hmm my g/box is supposed to be the s9b but i can shift n keep her above iabs from 1st 2 2nd and all the way up to 5th mabe i got lucky n got a s80 how can i tell for sure?

Yeah that was the only issue theres no markings where they should be no S9B in big letters or the identity label with the barcode coz they sanded and then resprayed the casing is there any other difference?without taking it apart obviously.

Nope no really. If it's been painted. There are black letters painted on the case.

S9b 4.266 fd you will be at vtec 4.5k at 85mph in 5th.

S80 4.4 fd you will be at vtec 4.5k at 80mph in 5th.

I can tell you that from personal experience.

98 spec s80 has a 4.7 fd and will improve acceleration slightly more.

Yep n vtec defo kicks in at 80 in 5th thats why ages ago i was thinking about a vtec controller to move it up the range a bit just so shes not so thirsty wen cruising at 80

Lol yeah but i have a heavy foot n every bump makes it come in n out of vtec so it gets anoying lol so i have to slow down or go faster n say hel with the fuel