koni

spudley1988

If back was down a bit would be magic. Front smashes off plenty bumps at 60 though sadly . Contemplated taking inner arch liners out on front but kinda feel they are their for a reason lol.

I did a bit of research and found that someone had used spacers on front to raise it up by 5mm. However that thread is 5 years ago and I can't reply to it. So was wondering if anyone would know where I could get these spacers from? I really need to raise the front as sometimes I struggle to open the door when parked next to pavement lol.

Lol I feel your pain h4mza can barely even go to asda without scraping or banging something. If I scrape when driving it's usually a horrible metal sound 😨😞

• Like 1

It was s88 hon... I bought them off him. Mine sits pretty much level now, but i want the back a bit higher to get more of the weight onto the front wheels.

@dr_broon Are you still using the same suspension and how does it ride? Is there anyway I could obtain those spacers from elsewhere? 

Yeah, still using it and i love it. Like i say I need more weight over the front wheels though. I had extended ball joints on the front around a year ago, and that dropped it back down - the handling and turn in was great, but I was getting rub again. When the ball joints died i went back to normal ones which meant the front lifted back up so front and back were pretty even, and I really noticed the difference in handling. Think taking the air con out has added to the change in weight balance.

Think that you'd have to find a local machine shop / engineering company and take a shock in for them to understand what you need.

From memory, the spacers are a thick disk (a bit like a polo), with a groove machined in so they sit on top of the spring clip on the shock and then the cup that holds the spring sits on top of the spacer.

Don't think I've got any pics of it.